Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Dansco 7070 almost finished!

My goal is XF or better, which is mostly the case here with a few stragglers and a lot of AU+ coins. As you can see, I modified the gold page and removed the modern dollar/comm/bicentennial page completely as those coins don't interest me. Most are problem free, but there are several with altered surfaces. It took a lot of work to get this far, and only a few more holes(some big ones). I've been trying to improve my photography, so feel free to comment on the photos and what I can do to make them better. I prefer coins that are nicely toned, but several of them(like the barber dime), i'm having a hard time capturing the color. If you want closeups of any of the coins, let me know. About 30% of the coins are ex-top tier slabbed, and I saved the inserts.

All coins kept in safety deposit box.

Comments

• Options
    ecichlidecichlid Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭
    Rockin' dude!
    There is no "AT" or "NT". We only have "market acceptable" or "not market acceptable.
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    That looks like a cool set! Lots of crusty coins included, gotta love it.... Congrats!
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    A classic head cent in problem free Xf???? That my good sir will kill you.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    Johnny you are one of the reasons I want to start my type, you have been somewhat of an inspiration, and for that I thank you!
    And I gotta say... That set is just amazing!
    It is redonkulous, fantabulous, what else could I say???

GREAT SET O' COINS! image
  • Options
    PonyExpress8PonyExpress8 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭
    Nice looking 7070. It looks like you are closing in. What state are you in?

Maybe you should pick up a commemorative from your state to replace the Kennedy as a thought.

Great job.
    The End of the Line in the West.

Website-Americana Rare Coin Inc
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a great lookin' 7070 set, and I ain't just whistlin' Dixie or spoutin' "Happy Talk", either.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    thanks. Yeah, the Classic Head Large Cent will be a tough one. The problem is if I get a high grade certified CHLC, I'm not going to want to break it from the slab. I will probably go for a raw XF with minor problems when I decide to fill that hole.

I live in California. That's a great suggestion ponyexpress!

Tmoney, I will tell you this type set thing can be really addicting, so hang on for the ride! :-)
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There you go- a California half, or a San Diego.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I just noticed that these pictures lost detail when I transferred them to photobucket. Any way to avoid that?
  • Options
    Don't worry, I'll be sticking around for the ride, image
    Hope my journey with my type set, is as fun as yours image
  • Options
    PonyExpress8PonyExpress8 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭
    For California there is the San Diego for the south, the Bay Bridge for the north, or the 1925 California. Any of these are reasonably affordable. Good luck in completing it and finding those coins that are just right for you. Great job on the set.
    The End of the Line in the West.

Website-Americana Rare Coin Inc
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you've got a very nice collection there.

Congrats!
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    BithrateBithrate Posts: 555 ✭✭
    Nice set you've got going there! image
  • Options
    What would you guys recommend for a "budget" classic head large cent? A problem free XF will probably cost more than I'm willing to spend to fill the hole. I was considering either a problem free VF, or a mildly corroded XF. Any inputs?
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Johnny-

Turn on your PM...I may have a coin for you... image

Lane
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Looks good so far! image

I'm doing the same thing.

XF, nicely toned, problem-free for most of the slots.

Spending less than $300 a coin, so will have to lower the grades on a few.

• Options
    I would go with the problem free VF instead of a lightly or mildley corroded XF. Just my 2 cents.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file