Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

What would a fair market value be on a 1916 PR64BN be today?

ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
These seem to be so thin on the ground.....whats a good asking price for this coin today?

Comments

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure ChrisRX will have a keen interest in this one.image
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second most scarce MPL in any grade....so name your asking price. I paid 3 X PCGS guide when I bought mine.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    dbemikedbemike Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭
    I don't want to know, I believe that one came from my set.

I know when I bought it I didn't hesitate paying just under 2X BV, but thats when BV was $500, how times have changedimage
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm sure ChrisRX will have a keen interest in this one.image >>

Assuming it looks awesome in hand I would pay 5k for it at least.

• Options
    It looks awesome in my hand. I've spent hours looking at with my Hastings triplet and it has beard detail that would put any Lincoln to shame. I think seriousl it stands a 60% chance of an upgrade. Maybe both grade and color to RB. Chris send me a pm. This might be your lucky day. I'm switching my long term collecting interests to Gold Dollars and there is a 1859 C that needs to be mine!

• Options
    This 1916 MPL is officially available. Please PM me if interested.
  • Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Assuming it looks awesome in hand I would pay 5k for it at least. >>

I was thinking more like 8 grand....

P.S. That's not an offer to buy, just what I think you might be able to get for it.
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this one might already be sold! If so, perhaps ambro will now tell us all what the fair market price is today???? image
  • Options
    yes it has been sold at a more than fair price. 150% more than I paid for it. Funds went to purchase two exceptionally rare gold dollars. 1859 C and an ultra rare 1856 D. The 56 D is a survivor of the second lowest mintage in the series. 1460 were struck and only 80 are estimated to survive. I'm very happy with the sale and resulting purchases.
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Assuming it looks awesome in hand I would pay 5k for it at least. >>

I was thinking more like 8 grand....

P.S. That's not an offer to buy, just what I think you might be able to get for it. >>

I could see 8k if it upgraded (which it might?) to 65BN. In a PQ 64BN I could see 5-6.5k