Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

How many free coin submissions do I get......

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
When I hit 90% on my Complete Dime Set, which is a 470 (and rising @ 4 per year) coin set! I'm at 88.72% and closing.image

Comments

• Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Congrat's on a major accomplishment!! image

At 90%
  • Options
    That brings up the question are the free gradings really free? The free quarterly submissions cost more for shipping than the grading. I am not sure it would be cheaper just to send it in with a normal order. Thoughts?
    My project: Complete proof Lincoln Memorial set. To accomplish this task I am sending in complete proof sets for grading.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to pay shipping anyway, so you save 5 X 30 = 150 dollars!
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Max on any set is 5 (100+ coins in the set)
    Still have to pay for shipping.

My advise, if you haven't done so.....and it sound like you haven't, is create all the different sets you can with those dimes, then ask for the freebies for all the sets over 90%.
    If you're going to have to pay for shipping back, might as well make it worthwhile.

Oh, here's the link......BENEFIT #3
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to say you can get more than just the five as Ajia mentioned look at the subsets of your set. Just the Mercury dimes can get you another four. And you can hold off and add the 2009 Roosevelts whenever. Looks like the Seated and the Capped busts have some holes for you to add also.
    Also making date sets of some of the series might get somemore.
    And if you where going to be getting them graded anyway it can make some savings.
    BTW thanks for bringing this up as I noticed I can use the same service on my modern mint sets now. Both the 1968 to 1998 and the 1968 to Present fit the limits now. Might only be moderns but I'll take the fourteen dollars ten times.
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Have to say you can get more than just the five as Ajia mentioned look at the subsets of your set.

Did you read my whole reply?? image
    Max on any set is 5 (100+ coins in the set)....as in any ONE set.
    My advise, if you haven't done so.....and it sound like you haven't, is create all the different sets you can with those dimes, then ask for the freebies for all the sets over 90%.
    I think that would cover any subsets you mentioned.

But maybe you read it differently?
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info guys, good stuff image

Never realized that I could get 3 free gradings with my 1909 set w/ gold + another 2 free gradings with my 1909 set w/o gold as they are 2 separate sets!! pretty sweet.

Also, in looking at the link provided, the pedigree service seems pretty appealing and quite generous of PCGS. Not sure I care if my name is on my coins, but seems like a great way to get some coins in the beat up slabs reholdered. Of course I would have to send the whole set in and would lose the old green holders and CAC stickers so I'm not sure I'd ever do it.