Home Metal Detecting

Post a pic of your "tools"

I'm curious as to what all you guys take along with you while digging in the dirt. All I have is a little garden shovel and an old T-shirt I use to put dirt on for refilling the hole. My shovel is Awesome however, One side is sharp as a knife and the other side has a serrated edge. The tip is 2 pointed and the shovel itself is very thick and will not bend. I'm sure you guys have some sweet tools. Please post a pic so I can get ideas as to what I may want to pick upimage

While digging out a plug I was wondering if one of the Flower bulb planter things would work good for this purpose? It would have to be a larger one of course. If they weren't so big seems like a Post hole digger would be good also.
Its all relative

Comments

• kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been really happy with this so far-- it was about $15 from OSH.

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • That's the one I have image
    Its all relative

• Small BULB planter, pin pointer,some thing to put plug/dirt onto. "probe" screwdriver type.

Large plugger:

Home made sand scoop...made 10 years ago. LOL it worked ;-)

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • carscars Posts: 1,904
    Awesome, So people do use those. Does it work well? Seems like it from the pics. I'll have to weld myself one of those up today.
    Its all relative
  • They work...but I only use on ground that is moist--NOT DRY/DUSTY !

In one of those photos, you can see the grass is not high grade, BUT it is in the middle of a school yard;-)

You must be good on your pin pointing too.

When I pass the BigFOOT coil over a target...I know I am one or two inch from target. Turn 90° and pass the coil again. Don't need to get much better than that.

I got this pice of copper about dead center...LOL

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • carscars Posts: 1,904
    that is awesome. Looks like you have some type of extruder plunger in it also. Did you make it yourself?
    Its all relative
  • jerry love that home made scoopimage
  • The Plugger was made by a forum member in N. CALIF.

You cand search for them: http://jimmysierra.com/ Stand up type $89.95 :-(

<SPAN class=booktitles><FONT face=Tahoma size=3>The Plug Popper</FONT>
    http://www.jimmysierra.com/toolsdetail.htm#popper $49.95 :-)

Jerry

</SPAN>
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage