Home Metal Detecting
Options

MD'ing in the woods

Hello,

Ever have any luck in woods? My fiance's dad/step mom live in Gallipolis which is near Ohio/WV border and invited me to come play on their 30 acres with my MD. They said others have found cannon balls and such in the area and they would like to tag along to see what we can dig up. All I've ever found is junk & Few modern coins b/c I have only been out 3 times and 2 of them were in my own yard where I get a signal every few feet b/c of all the junk. I would think you wouldn't get as many signals in the woods but imagine that type of stuff would be deep down. Plan on going down Monday for a few days. Any tips or suggestions? I plan on taking a full size spade shovel if they do not have one for me to borrow along with my reg small trowel.
Its all relative

Comments

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I don't know how many coils you have, but I run a plot in the woods with my 9.5...get that out of the way and move the massive junk. They I come in with the small 5.3 to pinpoint through the remaining trash.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    carscars Posts: 1,904
    I don't know either lol, I'm new at this. I have a whites prizm 111
    Its all relative
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    150 years ago it may not have been woods.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    Any update on finds?

Edit: Nvm, just noticed your find thread image
  • Options
    carscars Posts: 1,904
    Yes, bunch a junk & a few cents image I didn't spend much time on it however as we had a lot of other stuff going on.
    Its all relative