Home Metal Detecting
Options

Stimulation

Don't know if this topic has ever been brought up before, but I was just curious, do you think as treasure hunters, metal detectorists, weekend warrior coin hunters, do you think we find enough lost coin throughout the year to help stimulate the economy. We take our found clad and either put it into our bank accounts or spend it on something. Do we make a difference, very little or not much at all? I mean this is considered lost money, gone forever and we as detectorist find it, put it back into circulation. Also, we find Gold n Silver which sometimes we sell, which generates revenue and is put back into the spending economy. I happen to count my clad from the middle of may to the middle of june and it came to $82. I hunt a couple of hours a day but not much more then that. Wondering how others do and how many of us are out their. You add all of us up each year and thats a pretty penny I would think. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    I don't spend or sell what I find. I'd think there would be a large percentage that falls into that category. I think the greater impact on the economy is the buying of new equipment and accessories.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I've never even spent a zincoln I've found...I have a sickness.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have everything that I have found since the fall of 1995 when I got started. I'm waiting for that special pocketpiece commem, gold or silver, to come along. I guess that when I do decide to cash it in the mint will not like me. I'm sure they would just as soon that it stay lost.