Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

How many sets do you have going on at once??

I currently have 12 and only 2 are complete, I will probally never finish some of them?

Comments

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    only working on 2 sets right now (see signature line below)

thinking about starting a third, but will keep that a secret for now image
  • Options
    MillertimeMillertime Posts: 2,048 ✭✭
    15 Registry Sets with 4 complete.

Millertime
  • Options
    I have 3 sets going - I guess I'm working on 1 my Kennedy set is complete to date but need additions each year. My complete Half date set is not a working set as I add coins to it as I fill my working set. So 1 it is.

Dan
    U S Navy Retired 22 years - ENC(SW) Ret. - Travling Nuclear Maintanence Contractor - Working Indian Point Nuclear plant Buchanan New York

">Franklin Halves
    ">Kennedy Halves
  • Options
    I have 21 sets with 11 complete.
    My project: Complete proof Lincoln Memorial set. To accomplish this task I am sending in complete proof sets for grading.
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have really only 3 sets active and I am working on all three and darn close to finishing two, so close in fact that I am starting to make upgrades if they pop up! I have kinda let the third set go for now as coins have become difficult to find and I am focusing on the other two. I am using the coins to compete in the various mint sets for those years
  • Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭
    I've got 4 sets going with 1 complete. And, all 4 are itty bitty short sets that maybe I can finish. image

Mike
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Six sets active. One is complete and another is 79% complete. However the four remaining sets contain multiple stoppers and will remain incomplete forever.

edit for typos
  • Options
    I'm working on a gold type set and a Morgan set. I'm also working on several sub-sets of the Morgan set; I figure that if I'm working on all dates and mint marks, plus major varieties like O over CC, eight tail feathers, or "reverse of '78," I'm also already working on a one-of-each-date subset, a one-of-each-mint-mark subset, and subsets of specific mints--so, I might as well get points for it. I even finished the easy 1878-1882 San Francisco subset, and I'm only missing the 1921-D for the mint mark set.

I figure that a complete Morgan set will take bloody ages, so I'll pick a sub-set at a time and let the full set happen over the years. As for the hundred billion VAM varieties out there, I figure that for the time, energy, and fortune such a thing would entail, I'd rather have other coins--I'd rather have a few really great rarities than some 10,000 or so Morgans. (I think I can settle for two hundred or so...)
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • Options
    MisterBungleMisterBungle Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭

Just three. Two are complete, but one of those
    is just a three coin set that I had to complete
    anyway for the other complete set.

~

"America suffers today from too much pluribus and not enough unum.".....Arthur Schlesinger Jr.

• Options
    about 7, none are complete. In the long run working on so many at once will pay off... but I have to admit it sure would be nice to have finished at least one set by now.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Sets
    78 Total Sets 0 Sets with changes 50 Complete Sets 28 Incomplete Sets

Four or five of them I will probably never complete until I win the lottery.

• Options
    66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭
    I have only one set I'm working on. Roughly 8 years in and I'm about 40% complete, maybe less as I need to upgrade a couple coins.

That is for the certified coins...I do have quite a few nearly complete, or complete, raw collections in Dansco albums, but my real focus goes to the certified Lincoln centsimage

edit...whoops, I do have a complete PCGS PR69DC Ike dollar set, shows you how often I think about themimage
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    I have 33 current sets
    16 complete
    17 incomplete
    2 Number 1 ranked sets
    7 top 10 ranked sets