Home Metal Detecting

Whelp, my 3 for 3 silver streak ended on trip 4, but I think I more than made up for it...UPDATE

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
Trip 1 - 1941 Merc. Haven't tried to clean it up too much yet.

Trip 2 - 1914 Barber - Haven't tried cleaning either... but I think she won't get much better.

Trip 3 - Sterling Silver Band. 3.3 grams

Trip 4 - highly distraught that my silver streak was about to end...and with no hope that this "junk" ring would help, I frantically tried to find more silver! Heck, how could that thing be gold? I tossed it in my pocket and detected for a couple more hours. Got home and took a closer look just in case. I wiped the inside again just to be sure... and I thought I saw some markings... broke out the 10x loupe and...saw the 14k mark!! My first gold of the year. I'll have the stones tested this week. If the center stone is a diamond, I think it would be about 1/4 carat. Total weight 6.9 grams. Either way she's going in the SBD shortly. (And yes, I'm wearing women's jewelry, so what?) (edited: I apologize for the dirty finger nails and seemingly bad skin. I was out there all weekend digging in the dirt.)

STONES TESTED TO BE REAL DIAMONDS!!! JEWELER DIDN'T STATE SIZE, BUT LOOKS TO BE 1/4 CARAT CENTER STONE, AND MAYBE 2 PT SMALL STONES, FOR A TOTAL WEIGHT OF AROUND 1/3 CARAT!

(sorry for all the images... I can't get it right)

Comments

• Sweet finds
    Its all relative
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I would say that would be a good way to break a silver streak.
  • ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    I am going to say that the ring is a nice one. It looks to be Austrian. It has an 18th century feel to it. Are you sure it is marked 14k? Does it have a hallmark?
  • nice ring...looks like an older one ....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ring looks to well made to put fake diamonds in.Are you really going to
    honk it aroundimage
  • BBQnBLUESBBQnBLUES Posts: 1,803
    WOW ! Nice antique ring... rather Victorian in design.
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I am going to say that the ring is a nice one. It looks to be Austrian. It has an 18th century feel to it. Are you sure it is marked 14k? Does it have a hallmark? >>

There are no hallmarks inside the band, but it does have the "14k" stamp. So I don't think she's 18th century :-(.
  • marymmarym Posts: 713
    I'm not sure but I think that ring is just my size. image It's a great find!!!
    Be Still and Know
  • crispycrispy Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    That's a fabulous ring. I've never seen one like that before. Glad to hear that they are real diamonds. Sweet find!!!

Crispy
    "to you, a hero is some kind of weird sandwich..."
  • gargoyle62gargoyle62 Posts: 268 ✭✭✭
    That's a funky looking ring... I like it. Great finds
  • slipgateslipgate Posts: 2,301 ✭✭
    Nice ring - it looks like a custom job to me. probably comissioned by someone to commemorate something. maybe try researching the design on the band of the ring. I'm sure the owner was upset when they lost it!
    My Registry Sets! PCGS Registry