Home Sports Talk

Breaking News: Shaq to the Cavs

ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just in on ESPN . . . .

Cavs looking ahead to a 2010 playoff matchup with Dwight Howard. Too bad they will still lose to the Celts with a healthy KG and a hot Ray Allen.

Comments

• jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    I like the move for Cleveland for a lot of reasons (really should have happened this past Feb), but it's obvious they are doing it to compete with Orlando. They are completely overlooking the C's, and I think this trade makes them a better matchup for Boston, because now Perk doesn't have to go out on the perimeter to guard Z.
  • Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
  • early favorites for 2009/10 season????
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Ahhhhh let basketball die for a few months!!! Shaq is done...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭
    Shaq is just looking for another "wingman" to get him a ring.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭
    foul shaq he shoots foul shots worse them howard.

ainge will have something up his sleeve with the guys in their last year, expiring contracts.
    we'll see if shaq can play with LBJ.

the Celtics will be back

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Shaq is just looking for another "wingman" to get him a ring. >>

• looks like shaq got his wingman

Cavs agree to trade for Shaq
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". - Gandhi
  • cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    If the Cav's think Shaq is the answer back to the NBA title round, they need a new GM. Shaq's almost out of gas. It just shows you how weak the NBA is right now for big men.

What is there, like 4-5 good centers in the league? There's a lot of garbage over 7 feet in the NBA.
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    LOLOLOLOL at the last post. Shaq averaged 17.8 ppg and 8 boards last season. He's still one of the top 6 or 7 centers in the NBA.

Somewhere, the Master of Panic just dribbled down his leg and the faux Superman just farted.

LeShaq!
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭
    They gave up nothing to get him and his salary goes off the books after the season.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    I think this is a great pick up for the Cavs. Yes Shaq is older and past his prime, but I would think he could be a vital part of the team's success if the Cavs watch his minutes to keep him fresher for the playoffs. Plus Shaq as proven during his Lakers days always played better in big games and when he's motivated.

Brian
  • GootGoot Posts: 3,496

<< <i>

Somewhere, the Master of Panic just dribbled down his leg and the faux Superman just farted.

LeShaq! >>

He managed to Panic and still beat the Cavs!
  • I think he can make a difference, but at his age, he needs to be in the best shape of his life ...I guess it all depends on just how bad he wants another ring, and Im thinking with Kobe getting another one, he will work harder than ever before...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Robin Lopez RCs anyone???
  • recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    Thats a great pick-up for the Cavs. Its not like he has to carry the team and he can split his mins with big Z.