Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

VIDEO-PANEL DISCUSSION ON COPPER AT ANA 2008

At the PCGS luncheon at the 2008 ANA in Baltimore a discussion was held about copper coins. Included on the panel were Stewart Blay, Andy Skrabalak and Rick Snow. This 35 minute video may be of interest to Lincoln cent collectors as well as collectors of all copper coins minted since 1793. Click here to view
Steveimage

Comments

• ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Steve,

That was a good little video there.
  • lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    great video that ended too early...image
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the link. was a little long, but interesting... I've had concerns about the red copper pieces I've bought given the huge premium over an RB example that is maybe 80%-90% red. I agree that there is a lot of comfort in buying red copper in an older holder that is worthy of some premium all else being equal.

As far as long term storage of my red copper, Andy's keep the coins in an environment you'd like to live in concept was interesting (70 degrees, 50% humidity with something to absorb moisture is what I think was said in the example). Sort of different than the environment of a dark cool, dry safety deposit box that I'm sure most folks keep their coins in. I definitely wouldn't want to live in my safety deposit box image
  • renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Alot of knowledge right there and some great topic points. image

Very, very, difficult to find original examples but when you do, worth the premium!