Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Videos of coins in the Registry

the subject of having videos of coins instead of still photos came up on the US Coin Forum board, and I made some comments that apply to the Registry.

Here is a direct link to the discussion.

Comments

• Options
    MoneyLAMoneyLA Posts: 1,825
    I found some interest in the idea, specifically for auctions, so I decided to offer the service of making high definition videos of coins. I put out a press release which you can see here.

Don't ask about prices... because right now there are NO prices. Frankly I'd just like to try it and see if it works and if it can help a seller get more interest and bids in their auctions.

So, if you would like to give it a try AT NO COST and you are in the Los Angeles area, contact me through my web site and let's try it. This offer is open to the first TWO auction sellers. Then I'll have to decide with my partners if we'll keep this thing going.
  • Options
    KentuckyJKentuckyJ Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

> I decided to offer the service of making high definition videos of coins

Try posting a link to something you've done image
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds interesting. Looks like I'm pretty close to you folks right now in Agoura and would probably try it out, but i'm not planning on auctioning anything too soon. Keep us posted as to how it turns out. image
  • Options
    I have done nothing with coins. but there are plenty of videos from my TV show on the web site. Start with the videos on the home page.

Frankly, producing the videos of coins -- rotating them, showing brilliance, colors, etc is not the issue or the question.

the issue and question? will this type of video help an auction generate bids and prices?

And I am willing to do some "test videos" at no charge to see if the idea will work.

Volunteers in the LA area are needed !!

• Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the auction houses already provides this service with HRH showing the coin and talking about its attributes.
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Alan,

Cool idea but can't anyone do it and upload it to Youtube and then link that in the auction?
  • Options
    RBinTex: Yes, anyone can do it. If you have a high definition camera (costs are low these days) you can do it yourself.