Home U.S. Coin Forum

2009 Proof Sac's w/o mintmark??

I know the other proof dollars have mintmarks on the rim, but past Sac's should have them below the date, right? My 2009 proofs seem to omit the S mint mark below date on the obverse??
jms

Comments

• LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

hmmm

maybe they will ship the mintmarks in a separate package?
  • rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    Didn't the '09 Native American Dollars go to edge lettering too?
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    Its on the edge
  • rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478

<< <i>image

hmmm

maybe they will ship the mintmarks in a separate package? >>

imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • DoubleDimeDoubleDime Posts: 631 ✭✭✭
    The date and mintmark are now on the edge as with the other dollar coins.
  • FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume that the date and Mintmark are on the
    edge of the coin, like the circulation strikes.

You Proof Sac. $1 should also be missing a date in that
    3:30 Obv. area....right?
    Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Well...that's not very consistentimage
    jms

• << <i>Well...that's not very consistentimage >>

Neither is life.
  • RobbRobb Posts: 2,034
    Please answer Fred's question.
    imageRIP
  • Nope - no date either! Got so caught up looking for mintmark in normal place, didnt notice there's no date either...lol. Both are on the rim tho.
    jms
  • holeinone1972holeinone1972 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well...that's not very consistentimage >>

....the more things change, the more things stay the same......
  • tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nope - no date either! Got so caught up looking for mintmark in normal place, didnt notice there's no date either...lol. Both are on the rim tho. >>

...........yeah, the idea was so great with the prez bucks, congress decided for us (again) that putting edge lettering on the native american dollar coins would be a godsend for the collector. RIGHT!image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • WalmannWalmann Posts: 2,806
    There is still time to sell these on ebay, hurry the clock is ticking.
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nope - no date either! Got so caught up looking for mintmark in normal place, didnt notice there's no date either...lol. Both are on the rim tho. >>

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's funny......the date and mint mark are supposed to be on the edge, not the rim.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • GemineyeGemineye Posts: 5,374

<< <i>I know the other proof dollars have mintmarks on the rim, but past Sac's should have them below the date, right? My 2009 proofs seem to omit the S mint mark below date on the obverse?? >>

I can't take this excitement....it's just too much to take ..you know with the Lincoln fingers and all.....image
    ......Larry........image
  • tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

.......image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington

• << <i>Please answer Fred's question. >>

Who are you! Freds watchdog.image
    Positive:
    BST Transactions: DonnyJf, MrOrganic, Justanothercoinaddict, Fivecents, Slq, Jdimmick,
    Robb, Tee135, Ibzman350, Mercfan, Outhaul, Erickso1, Cugamongacoins, Indiananationals, Wayne Herndon

Negative BST Transactions:
  • Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146

• RobbRobb Posts: 2,034

<< <i>

<< <i>Please answer Fred's question. >>

Who are you! Freds watchdog.image >>

Ha! No, just trying to get jms to focus.
    imageRIP

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file