Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1961 Nu-Card--A Tribute to Bob Dobbs

Hello everyone,

I have bought Bob Dobbs top rated 1961 nu-card football set. Bob has long had the top-rated set on the registry and in my mind 1961 nu-cards and the name Bob Dobbs have always been synonomous and will continue to be so. Bob has a passion for the set that few can match--(check his numerous posts on the set and his scans). I don't know the reasons for his selling it(nor is it my business to care) but for some reason he needed to sell and with the second rated set I was the logical buyer. Bob has 60(!) PSA 10s and 20 psa 9s and I have 25 10s and 55 9s. I will add a small number of 10s to Bob's sets which will improve the set rating up near 9.80 and with luck and good fortune perhaps it will get up to 10.0 someday--but it will be primarily because of Bob and his effort. Thanks Bob--I promise to be a good caretaker.

If there is anyone who wants a set made up entirely of 9s and 10s(my second set) I will sell it at an attractive price.

Jim

Comments

• Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Jim - Nice upgrade! image
    Though your 1st set, the one you got from me was pretty nice too!
  • Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    Jay,

Thanks--keep 'em comin'. You are one of my favorite guys to buy sets from. Your raw non-sports sets you sold me are gradually finding their way into the PSA Set Registry but there are still about 10-12 more to go here.

Best to your family,

Jim
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Haven't seen you around here in a while, Jim. Hope life is treating you well -- congrats on the upgrades.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

I could not think of a better caretaker of my set than Jim. Back in 2003 Jim's 1961 Nu-Card Footall registry set was #1. Later that year I took over that spot!

Over the past 7 years I've been able to upgrade a few cards each year.

This year, I was able to pick-up a few cards from MOSH's retired set.

Last year I was able to upgrade the Ernie Davis to PSA 10, plus upgrade one or two others.

Jim, your passion for the hobby and your passion for PSA Registry set building is nothing less than phenomenal.

Jim, good luck image

rd

P.S. Thanks for your kind words!

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Jim.

Bob's got some of the nicest cards on the planet!

It's hard to improve on the set - good luck in finding the elusive 10's you need.

mike
    Mike