Mack Lee Hill card?

Does one exist?

Comments

• Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    Who is he? Which soprt?
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    No one named "Mack Lee Hill" or "Mack Hill" comes up in the POP reports.
    He doesn't seem to have a 65 Topps card.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    ndwsndws Posts: 132 ✭✭
    Mark,

He was an old Chiefs player that died early in life. Was thinking about building a checklist to start a registry set for the Chiefs Hall of Fame (or ring of honor), which would be fairly different than the current All-Time Chiefs registry set that is currently going. But Hill was one of the people I couldn't find an example of cardboard.

I checked all the mainstream stuff I could find and came up empty, but didn't know if there happened to be an obscure issue out there that I overlooked.
  • Options
    Mack Lee Hill was the Chiefs' second leading rusher in 1964 and 1965. After injuring his knee in a game against Buffalo in December, 1965, he underwent knee surgery a couple days later. He died on the operating table. He was elected to the Chiefs' Hall of Fame in 1971 and the Chiefs still give the "Mack Lee Hill Award" to top rookie on the team.

Thanks

Randy
    Always buying George Brett Gem Mint Cards!
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info guys. I am old enough to have heard of him, but I just do not remember the incident. Very sad.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    ndwsndws Posts: 132 ✭✭
    That is a great letter. I'm sure there are some Chiefs guys who would love to have that.