Home Metal Detecting
Options

Local park gives up a 1932D Washington

I don't post here much, but thought I would share my Key date Washington. Found in local park with my ML Etrac about five inches deep

The lighting is "off" on the reverse, it has the same color as the obverse

I have an on going streak of 13 outings with finding silver. Today I got two more mercs that were hole fillers in my album. 37S and 45D. I am surprised that the 45D as eluded me for the last five years

Comments

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    Did you discover it's actually a cheeto and had to remove the pic? image

Pic's up! Nice looking quarter you got there. Always a special treat picking up a key date!
  • Options

<< <i>Did you discover it's actually a cheeto and had to remove the pic? image >>

Sorry fat fingered my netbook...small keyboard
  • Options
    carscars Posts: 1,904
    Its all relative
  • Options
    looks great how did you clean it up?
  • Options

<< <i>looks great how did you clean it up? >>

This is how it came out of the ground. It had a bit of dirt on it, but what I do is carry a old asprin bottle filled with water and drop my silver coins in that. They remain there until I get home to examine them. Any remaining dirt, I rinse off under the faucet and let air dry. The most important thing to remember: DO NOT rub the dirt off in the field. I've seen some beautiful coins destroyed this way. This a typical looking coin that comes out of the ground around here
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice find. I'll bet you were happy to find silver and then to see what you had made you more than double happyimage
  • Options
    Wow what a great find!
  • Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    That is an awesome find. The two merc's you found today would have made my year!! -Mary
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check around the location where you found the 32D for a 32S.

I once found a very nice '14 S (EF or so) Barber quarter in the park.Later,the ground in the same gave up a '14 D in about the same condition.

I speculated that there was a gathering long ago at the location and that the two coins were lost on the same day.The reason I found the coins and not someone else? The area was very trashy.Once I found the '14 S, i was inspired to return to the location and, even though a lot more trash was dug,it eventually payed off for me with the second quarter find.

The '14 S is not "THE key" like your 32 D but check the mintage out in your Red Book.

Go back and check the ground where you found the 32D for a 32S is my recommendation.Strange finds do happen in this hobby.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double that, re-check entire area.
    Great findimage
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions