Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Graig or Craig

I just purchased a Graig Nettles card, but psa labeled it Craig(1988 score). Why didn't his parents spell Graig the common way?

Comments

• mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    "His unusual name derives from his mother's dislike of the names Greg and Craig - and her combining the two to produce 'Graig'. "
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"His unusual name derives from his mother's dislike of the names Greg and Craig - and her combining the two to produce 'Graig'. " >>

Did she not realize that there were other choices? image
  • milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    I thought this was a question about his 1981 Fleer card.........
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    I love Nettles' 76 card. That is one of the very first cards I remember cherishing as a kid. I have always wondered why he has his batting glove on the wrong hand though. image
  • So his Momma decided to combine 2 names that she didn't like? Did she not like him when he was born?
  • I don't believe the story about how his Mom didn't like the names Greg and Craig. How many other Craig's can you name that were around before Graig Nettles was born. It just wasn't a popular name then. His Mom was just a poor speller. I don't like the names Frank and Chuck.

• << <i>I don't like the names Frank and Chuck. >>

Me either. Chank is so much better. image
  • BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    or Fruck image

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Happy 65th birthday Craig I mean Graig
  • GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i> Did she not like him when he was born? >>

If so, she wouldn't be the last to make that claim.
  • PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818

<< <i>I don't believe the story about how his Mom didn't like the names Greg and Craig. How many other Craig's can you name that were around before Graig Nettles was born. It just wasn't a popular name then. His Mom was just a poor speller. I don't like the names Frank and Chuck. >>

////////////////////////////////

FWIW ... Wikipedia says it's true. Click on link and scroll down to "Early Life" section.

PoppaJ
  • Happy 66th Birthday, Graig.
  • Happy 67th birthday Graig.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

PSA? Heck, the card company can't even get it right ON THE SAME CARD!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • tigerdeantigerdean Posts: 903 ✭✭✭
    I'll never forget when Graig, Chank, Fruck, or whatever his name is sucker punched George Brett and knocked him on his keister at third base.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I'll never forget when Graig, Chank, Fruck, or whatever his name is sucker punched George Brett and knocked him on his keister at third base. >>

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    I went thru this when my neighbor moved in...was it Craig, Graig, Creg or Greg???? we finally agreed on Craig. Then he had to go and say his wife was Erin or was it Aaron??
  • Happy 68th birthday, Graig!
  • Happy 69th birthday, Graig!