Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1935 Chicle Nagurski

Just picked up a psa 6 1935 chicle Nagurski. What is the card worth? I have an offer for 8k.

Comments

• Options
    there is 1 sale for a psa 6 (back in 2007) though i'm curious what you bought it for - that would be my starting point in negotiations.
  • Options
    I picked it up for 5k
  • Options
    then i jump at 8k! last sale was in 07 at a memory lane auction for a little over $10k. of course, you need to factor that it was pre-economy dump times. 8k seems relatively fair to me given than psa 5s are in the 6600 range and psa 7s are closer to 11-12k.
  • Options
    Maybe, I am getting the rest of the set graded now. The Nagurski is the key to the group I have.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a scan if possible.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    You may do well putting the card on eBay via Buy It Now or Best Offer to see if you get an offer better than $8K - as long as you think your $8K offer will stick around. There is a lot of demand for Nagurskis - even in this economy.

Congrats on your buy and apparent profiteering. I bought a PSA 3 Nagurski last year for $3K+. Yes, 'tis true - Vintage Card Prices shows a Sept. 2007 sale of $10,143.
  • Options
    i'd love to see a scan as well. if the card is really clean, 8k would be a modest offer. heck, i dont even collect 35's but i'd prolly offer more than that knowing i could flip it for more!
  • Options
    As "The Holy Grail Of Football Cards", this card has great demand. Add me to the list of posters whom would like to see a Nagurski scan.

Just three weeks ago, a Nagurski PSA 2 was listed on eBay Buy It Now for $2,700. The card was snatched up at that price in just a few hours. It was easily the highest price recorded on the VintageCardPrices.com website. In fact, Nagurskis in pretty much grades all have seen steady price escalation, right though this so called "Great Recession".