Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

LordM's $90 PayPal Registry challenge!

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hi, folks. After almost eight years, I have come full circle, and once again am back where I started here, collecting Registry type sets. I see the Registry has evolved considerably since it brought me to these forums so long ago. My current sets are pretty low-key, like my initial ones were, but I'm having fun. I am not much of a threat to many of you, competitively speaking. Not yet, anyway. image

Here is my Complete US Type Set. I post it since it is probably the most wide-ranging of the sets I am playing in. Look to see if you have anything I need.

Now, here is the challenge:

I have 90 dollars in my PayPal account at the moment. If you have something that would fill a slot in my set, or would considerably upgrade one of the existing pieces, please post the coin(s) here on this BST thread.

After a few days, I will select the coin or coins I deem most worthy of my $90, and purchase them from the winner of the challenge.

1. The coin(s) you offer me in the challenge must be graded by PCGS.
2. They must be priced at $90 or less.
3. You must accept PayPal.
4. Shipping must be included in the price.

That's it, really, though I do prefer to see pictures before making a decision. They don't necessarily have to be great pictures, though.

Thanks! image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you just doing business strikes for this? The set will take proofs if you are doing those. I may have a PCGS PR69DC memorial cent for you under $20 shipped if you can reserve that $20 until I can get home Wednesday and see what is in my box. That would give you lots of points in your set. You could get a PQ 66 steel cent for under $90 also, but I don't have one. I also think I have a MS64rd memorial (59-64) for about $20 too, but would have to verify it is still in my box. That one really T's me off because I got a bunch out of foil wrapped rolls that look like they just rolled off the press. They are as red as the day they were made, and with good luster. It's the die deterioration and lack of detail that kills it.

LM - there are no other coins except Lincolns! All others are wannabees!!!

Edit - Strike that thought above on the 69DC proof. I see it must be a 59-64 cent. But, on eGay, there is a PCGS 1964 67RD for under $20, and a 68DC for $70. Those would put some serious points on your set for very little cost.

also there is a 1960-d MS64RD with a bin of $9.95 + $4.95shi Item #260414061621 (Man, I was trying to rip you!)

AND, a 1943 PCGS MS66 for $29.99 + $3.23shi Item #160339006480 (On second thought don't buy anything from me!!!)

There .... you can add three coins to your set and still have some lunch money left over
    Doug
  • Options
    I do have a 1963 PR68 RD Lincoln coming that I got in a trade yesterday.

Might have to talk to you about a steel cent. You could offer a pair or trio of less expensive coins to meet the challenge, instead of a single $90 coin- that's fine!

Oh yeah- I am doing both biz strikes and proofs. Proofs when I can afford 'em, though obviously that's out of the question for many 19th century coins.

I haven't had any offers yet. There are plenty of $90 possibilities left, as my set is still new. I fully expected to be offered a steel cent. Kind of hoping somebody will offer a decent bronze Indian cent or Liberty nickel, too.

It's not like I'm expecting to be offered a Chain cent or Bust dollar for my ninety bucks- there are plenty of inexpensive possibilities still open at this stage, though.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Really cool quest.

I do have a 1943-S Mercury Dime PCGS MS67 (toned on both sides) that I can deliver for $81. LMK if interested after receiving your other submissions for your challenge. I'll try to get some pics up within the next few days. image

Thanks.
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    Rob, I was going offer my 1869 Proof Seated Quarter, but I see you only want PCGS....

Really though, take a look at my website, and I'll sell you any of the MS64RB Indians marked at $105 for your $90. www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    Thanks, y'all.

Topaz- post your Merc dime in that thread when you get the chance, if you feel like it. I just bought an MS65 FB Merc but yours sounds interesting anyway.

commoncents05- I like your 1899 Indian. Thank you for that offer. I posted the 1899 MS64 RB from your site as a contender for the $90 challenge. We shall see, we shall see. I believe I am going to get a couple of interesting Barber quarter offers when folks get their pictures ready.

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got an extra 1908-S IHC in PCGS VG08 that I've been thinking about selling but on the fence about it. Hardly competes with the registry points you'll get with a common date 64RB though image
  • Options
    Here's the link to the 1943-S Mercury MS67. Sorry about the quality of the pics, just can't seem to figure it out. image

LMK if interested.

Thanks.

1943-S Mercury PCGS MS67