Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

eBay - 3 offers and now he's done?

Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭
I have an auction with a buy-it-now or best offer.

Got a guy (ok, newbie) who made 3 offers on a coin I'm selling. His first two, were low balls below my minimum so eBay sent him an auto decline. On the third one, I got it and declined thinking it was his first offer to me. Now he emails me, he's out of offers through eBay, but he's willing (all of a sudden) to pay more! His email includes a price I would accept.

Do I accept outside of eBay? Or is there a way to reset the number of offers he's made, so he can make another through eBay' system?

Comments

• Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭✭
    Although I suspect eBay would disagree, I think it would be fine to do a deal outside of eBay.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    Sell it outside of eBay.

Send him your email address in an eBay reply and request he contact you. Do NOT under any circumstances, cinsumate the deal via eBay email or they will be upset with you.

As far as eBay knows, he made an offer and you replied with an email address.

From now on, check the offer history before you automatically decline thinking its a first offer.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe ebay automatically counts the number of offers any member makes on an individual listing. You cannot reset this number. Does the possible buyer have another account to use?
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    If you want to keep the protection of the ebay/pp then relist the coin for a bin of his offer and email him that it has been listed. I have done this several times as ebay only allows 3 offers per usrname.
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    I love buying and selling off of eBay. I often write sellers to see if this is an option. I also sell some items off eBay as well. Always works well for me.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about eBay, and I know even less about a potential buyer. This leaves me at a disadvantage for advising you, but this is a great opportunity to boost my post count.
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If you want to keep the protection of the ebay/pp then relist the coin for a bin of his offer and email him that it has been listed. I have done this several times as ebay only allows 3 offers per usrname. >>

That's what I was thinking and have been there.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭
    Great idea Earl. I modified it to a BIN, and it sold to the same guy this morning!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file