Home Sports Talk

OK Kevin, its bury the hatchet time...

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
Sunday May 31, 2009 4:23 PM (NEW!)

<< Stalin - ya really need to PayPal Perk the $50 you owe him, and put this episode behind you. >>

perk said forget it and that it wasn't really about the money, if it is about the money then he can PM me and I will paypal him the 50.

JS

Quoting you from another post so EVERYONE can see this issue come to rest and so YOU Kevin can clear your name RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW.

You say you will pay me the $50 you owe me? Your Right I have said it a number of times that it has NOTHING to do with the cash, I dont need the $50 its just the principle.

Here are the terms that I suggest that will bury this issue once and for all..

1-Admit you lost fair & Square
2-Admit that I NEVER said forget about the bet- All I said was that I wouldnt have harrased you about it had I known you had kids- here is what I said ( quoting my PM to you from Feb. 28, 2008 )

"BTW- I read in the heritage thread you have a couple of kids? I never would have given you so much crap about that bet had I known you were a family man. Honestly I thought you were a young college kid. "

I will leave it up to you to decide what to do with the $50, I DONT want the cash personally so you can be resolved of this if you just admit to my statements above, if you want to donate the $50 to Doug-then thats up to you, I dont care either way. If You do send him a $50 check I will do the same, so that will be a $100 that can go to a great cause- its not until Oct. so you will have plenty of time to make up the $50.

"TELL YOU WHAT ... IF PERK DOES NOT WANT THE MONEY, SEND A CHECK IN THE SUM OF $50.00 TO ME MADE PAYABLE TO "THE LEUKEMIA & LYMPHOMA SOCIETY". I WILL USE IT AS PART OF MY FUNDRAISING WHEN I RUN THE MARINE CORPS MARATHON (26.2 MILES) IN DC IN OCTOBER. I HAVE RAISED OVER $30,000.00 IN THE PAST 4 YEARS FOR THEM WHEN I RUN MARATHONS AND RACE TRIATHLONS, ALL IN HONOR OF MY LITTLE GIRL WHO ENDURED NINE HUNDRED DAYS OF CHEMO."

On my WORD I will NEVER harass you EVER AGAIN no matter how this shakes out, the board doesnt need this crap every other thread.

Paul

Comments

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<< if you want to donate the $50 to Doug-then thats up to you, I dont care either way. If You do send him a $50 check I will do the same, so that will be a $100 that can go to a great cause. >>>

One heckuva nice gesture. image
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stain is not man enough to admit what everyone else already knows: that he is a deadbeat and a liar. He'll just post another excuse and change the subject with some ridiculaous comment and twenty five exclamation points.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    +1 for Perk's Attempt to bury the hatchet.

• joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    1) I admit that I lost the bet fair and square, it was a bet I don't remember making, but none the less the message boards shows otherwise.
    2) you did say to forget the bet, you just don't remember that, like I didn't remember saying yes to a bet back in 2004, if you pull up the famous
    thread showing pictures of me back in December you commented on my looks and then said to keep the money. Im sure someone here
    with more time than I can find the thread.

Either way I don't care, you are right there are better causes for the 50 bucks, thanks for matching it, who else will match that?

No one here, besides alpemomo, who made fun of me, remembers me running ebay auctions right after 9-11, the money would go straight
    to the red cross. Guys laughed at me here and said I was a fraud and a lier, Ebay closed my auctions soon after guys were bidding millions
    of dollars thinking I was just trying to make money on other peoples misfortune, heck beckett even did an article on me, I was hoping that
    it would catch on and that everyone would run just one auction for a card and have the winner send them a check made out to the red
    cross. It never caught on and everyone accused me of being a thief.

Maybe this is an opportunity to show what is right with these boards. Im in for 50 and a hatchet burial, who else is in? I know there are a lot of smack talkers
    here, how about it?

Kevin

• WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Kevin

Just pay the damn 50.00 and leave the rest of us out of it.

You couldn't keep up with what I give to charity in a given month
    let alone a year.

I don't go around asking folks here to match me.

Steve
    Good for you.

What I suggest is that Paul and I (and anyone else) will write Doug's daughter's name in the memo spot. Paul (or Doug) will PM the address to send these too.

Kevin

<< <i>Kevin

Just pay the damn 50.00 and leave the rest of us out of it.

You couldn't keep up with what I give to charity in a given month
    let alone a year.

I don't go around asking folks here to match me.

Steve >>

I'm really hoping that not everyone feels that way!
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image

What I suggest is that Paul and I (and anyone else) will write Doug's daughter's name in the memo spot. Paul (or Doug) will PM the address to send these too.

Kevin >>

As soon as Doug PM's me his Pay-Pal info I am going to send him the $50 as well.

No need to get anyone else involved, this matter is OFFICIALLY settled.

Paul
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just sent Doug a PM requesting his Pay-Pal info so I can send $50 and for him to give Kevin his contact info as well.

As soon as Doug gets back to us we can get this done.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like we're on the right track here, once and for all...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always stated that I've never met a fellow card collector who I didn't like...and to me this thread exemplifies that. image

BTW - I'm all-in for $50, but I don't want to mail a check if that's okay. Could Doug just post his PayPal e-mail address and I'll make my donation that way - and by posting it he may get others to contribute as well.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Steve... I just sent PERK all the info. I have no problem with people sending me money via PayPal, but I would feel more comfortable with people sending a check made payable to "The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society". I don't want there to be any issues about where the money went and in addition to that, I would like everyone to get a tax deduction. (YEAH, even the PHILLIES PHANS! LOL)

I asked PERK his opinion on a thought I had ... as soon as I hear back from him I will post more info.

I also believe another GREAT thing that can come out of this is that we can all take a step back and realize that sometimes we get a little crazy over such trivial matters (me included). When I had to watch my little baby (who was THREE when she was diagnosed with Cancer) go thru NINE HUNDRED consecutive days of Chemo, get 25+ Spinal Taps and go thru a lot of other crap, it put life in perspective. Then when my wife was diagnosed with Cancer 1.5 years ago ... well ... enough said.

LET ME BE THE FIRST TO SAY THAT IF I HAVE OFFENDED ANYONE ON THESE BOARDS IN THE PAST YEAR, I APOLOGIZE. (BTW... THE PHILLIES STILL SUCK! LMAO) ... Doug

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Great cause Paul and I'm glad you guys will bury the hatchet. Please send me your contact info and I will send you a donation.

Brian
  • alpemomoalpemomo Posts: 355
    No one here, besides alpemomo, who made fun of me, remembers me running ebay auctions right after 9-11, the money would go straight
    to the red cross. Guys laughed at me here and said I was a fraud and a lier, Ebay closed my auctions soon after guys were bidding millions
    of dollars thinking I was just trying to make money on other peoples misfortune, heck beckett even did an article on me, I was hoping that
    it would catch on and that everyone would run just one auction for a card and have the winner send them a check made out to the red
    cross. It never caught on and everyone accused me of being a thief.

Kevin, what color is the sky in your world???? The reason we all made fun of you and the reason we all thought you were lying is because ..... YOU ARE A LIAR!

Kevin, your whole history on this forum has been a series of lies - everyone (even the people that just joined a month ago) sees that. No one take you at face value, you and your actions alone are the cause of that.

I will contribute the $50 (not to get rid of you but because it is the right thing to do ) but am sure you will stay here as Joestalin or some other ID like you have done in the past.

Let's all raise money for a worthy cause and see Commie boy lie another time to add to the incredible body of work he has built!

BTW, writing a check and scanning it is not the same as sending it, so I will believe it when Perkdog says it is so

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". - Gandhi