Home Sports Talk

Lakers vs. Magic.....discuss

jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
Orl beat LA twice this year...although they had Jameer Nelson for both games, and both games were close. The way the Magic are playing, I'm not sure LA can beat them. This feels like LA/Detroit at the end of the Shaq era. LA is heavy favorites, but Orlando is playing much better as a team right now. If they shoot the same as they have all playoffs, they win in 6.

Comments

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should be a real good series. They are both good teams. You never know which LA team will show up is my biggest problem with them.

It all depends on the matchups. Howard is the key...and the 3 point shooting for the Majic.

LA has Coby, who unlike James knows how to play team ball. And #16 is a force down low OR OUT!

Game 1 will tell how they each are approaching the game.
  • halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭
    This will be an interesting series. I have always believed that you can toss out the regular season results in any playoff series. I have never been a fan of the 2-3-2 format.

All that said, Howard will be a problem for LA if he can stay out of foul trouble. LA needs to attack him early in games -- either with a post player or with strong drives to the basket.

The perimeter game of the Magic will also pose some issues for LA. How will they rotate around and not get lost on D? Their rotations have not been very crisp until the last couple of games.

Other than Pietras (sp?) I don't think they have anyone to matchup well with Kobe. Ariza, Odom, and Bynum need to have a decent series. Fisher, Brown, or Sasha need to hit for distance more consistently than they have so far this post season.

This is definetely the tougher matchup for LA.

I'm looking for a very competitive series. I know Kobe is STARVING for this one as his window is closing and to shut Shaq up.

Go Lake Show.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Yes the Lakers lost the Magic twice this year but now this is the World Finals and it's totally different. The Lakers will have to show up for every game and play an entire game if they expect to win it this year. I think the Lakers have the experience and the depth to pull it out.

brian
  • Doesn't start till Thursday? What do they need, a vacation before the finals start?
  • CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Magic was one of the best Lakers.
  • LakersFANLakersFAN Posts: 288 ✭✭
    lakers in 6............this is playoff time, its a whole new season.......Lakers are Not the Cavs in the sense of small guards where the magic can shoot over them, we have kobe and ariza who are tall and Long.....the magic are not a tough hard knock team like the rockets or thuggets, so i think thats the key.......its gonna be fun though!............WAR LAKERS!!!!!!
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    The Lakers make the call in 6.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items