Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Heritage NEWP 1928-S SLQ

rld14rld14 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭
1928-S Standing Liberty Quarter

I like this one, I'm not 100% but it appears to have an RPM, regardless, I liked the strike and color, and it's something that fits my hoard well image

Whatcha think?
Bear's "Growl of Approval" award 10/09 & 3/10 | "YOU SUCK" - PonyExpress8|"F the doctors!" - homerunhall | I hate my car

Comments

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that golden color, too. Why are you partial to the -28-s, if you don't mind my asking?
  • Options
    The 28-S is probably the king of the series with regard to die varieties, RPMs, etc. There's numerous RPMs, some of which are scarce, cuds, etc. I collect them by die state and pair, it's pretty geeky but it keeps me amused.
    Bear's "Growl of Approval" award 10/09 & 3/10 | "YOU SUCK" - PonyExpress8|"F the doctors!" - homerunhall | I hate my car
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,697 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting that there are a lot of 1928-S SLQ varieties. There are no fewer than 7 different doubled die obverses for the 1928-S Peace dollar..
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Heritage, what if I don't WANT to sign in to view the larger image? I'm lazy. Grr.

Nice toning.

Nice coin.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I don't just buy 28-Ss, I snagged this 26-D with neat die cracks off of TT tonight.
  • Options
    You Sir, are a certified coin geek AND a crack head... imageimageimage
    Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image
  • Options

<< <i>Interesting that there are a lot of 1928-S SLQ varieties. There are no fewer than 7 different doubled die obverses for the 1928-S Peace dollar.. >>

The Knauss book doesn't even list them all actually, I have found an unlisted cud for example. No DDOs that I have seen however.
  • Options

<< <i>You Sir, are a certified coin geek AND a crack head... imageimageimage >>

Thanks Larry! image

Next Sunday can we have a crack party?
  • Options

<< <i>

Thanks Larry! image

Next Sunday can we have a crack party? >>

Sure... let's liven up that parsippany show... I'll bring my trusty crack pipe... uh ... I mean my slab cracking tool...

imageimageimage
    Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Thanks Larry! image

Next Sunday can we have a crack party? >>

Sure... let's liven up that parsippany show... I'll bring my trusty crack pipe... uh ... I mean my slab cracking tool...

imageimageimage >>

Can I make the Crack Party sign then?
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't just buy 28-Ss, I snagged this 26-D with neat die cracks off of TT tonight. >>

On the 26-D it would be considered internal cuds... also seen on the 27-D at times.

I was just tracking the 1920-D AU58FH PCGS at Heritage, as it wasn't a SLQ I'd wanna own but was surprised it fetched what it did.
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Can I make the Crack Party sign then? >>

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    jhdflajhdfla Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't just buy 28-Ss, I snagged this 26-D with neat die cracks off of TT tonight. >>

There was a neat '26-D that went off yesterday at Heritage that I was outbid on by a lot, it went for 66 money which surprised me with the hits on the leg. But it was toned neatly, and was in an old NGC holder which is why it probably went for so much, lot 7725.

john

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file