Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

1865 3cN ANACS MS62 w/minor error (still avail. for trade) plus a $90 PayPal Challenge (done now)

I'm looking for PCGS coins for my Registry type set. Here's the last of my non-PCGS slabs for trade. I'll swap it for something else in a PCGS holder. (See below for a link to my set so you can see what I lack).

Bear in mind that the images are scans and not digital photographs (with all the limitations that implies).

1865 3C nickel ANACS MS62, for sale or trade for PCGS graded coins.
A minor error with "Rim Cuds" noted on the label. Not enough of an error to command a premium, but neat, nonetheless, with the various cracks and cuds goin' on. $115 or trade for PCGS coins (see below)

Do you have something that would fill one of the empty slots in my set? (See link below).

Note that ironically, one of the coins I still need is a nickel 3c piece! The one above would have met my needs except for the fact it isn't in PCGS plastic. I'd just as soon swap it away instead of playing the crossover game.

THE $90 CHALLENGE BELOW IS NOW FINISHED. THE COIN ABOVE IS STILL AVAILABLE FOR TRADE, HOWEVER.

Now, in addition to having that 3c piece for trade, I am offering a $90 PAYPAL CHALLENGE! DONE, NOW.

This means you can post anything PCGS slabbed that would fill a hole in my Registry set, or make a nice upgrade to one of the existing coins.

First, check here to see if you have anything I need for this set.

1. The coin(s) you offer me in the challenge must be graded by PCGS.
2. They must be priced at $90 or less.
(Which is my current PayPal balance).
3. You must accept PayPal.
4. Shipping must be included in the price.

Obviously, I would prefer to see pictures. Not necessarily great pictures, but just something to give me an idea of what you are offering for the challenge.

Post some coins you think I might like in that price range, and whichever one tickles my fancy the most will win the challenge and my 90 bucks!

I'll let the challenge run for a few days, or until somebody makes me an offer I can't refuse.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    Rob, I never realized I was mentioned in your set registry page. I'm famous! image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I try to put in a good word for the folks I get my coins from. To keep their provenance and all that, y'know. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    There is already competition in the $90 challenge. For a few bucks more ($95), I could have this PCGS AU58 2c piece from Carl Wohlforth. If nobody wins the challenge by posting something more appealing, I might have to scrape up the extra five bucks and shipping and buy this coin from Carl. It's got a soft strike but otherwise it looks OK to me.

BUT... I would like to see what else y'all might have to tempt me out of that 90 bucks. Can you do better? May the best coin win! image

Carl's coin is the one to beat. Obviously you don't have to post another 2c piece- just something I need here. Thanks!

• Options

<< <i>Rob, I never realized I was mentioned in your set registry page. I'm famous! image >>

Ha! Me too! image
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    I have a PR66CA 1966 Lincoln penny. I have not posted a lot on the forums but I will see if I can get a picture added. I am working on a Memorial set and I ended up with an extra 63.
    My project: Complete proof Lincoln Memorial set. To accomplish this task I am sending in complete proof sets for grading.
  • Options
    Nobody is up to the challenge? I have had a couple of PMs but nobody has posted pictures here yet.

Eagle Eye has this one for 85 bucks plus shipping. I don't have a bronze Indian cent in my set yet.

Then again, commoncents05 offered to let me pick any of the PCGS MS64 RB Indians he has on his website at $105 for the $90.

I like this 1899.
    imageimage

• Options
    dbemikedbemike Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

07901313 2711 1943 1C MS66 3627 1486 Steel Cent
    04524962 4851 1909-D 10C VG10 2 119 Barber Dime
    13715625 5654 1909-D 25C VF30 2 255 Barber Quarter

I also have the 1943 steel cent with a D mintmark...your choice P or D

71231019 2714 1943-D 1C MS66 3470 2308

imageimage

imageimage
  • Options
    TTT for 6/2

• Options
    TTT for 6/4

• Options
    I've got a 56 MS66 Roosie that will fill your Roosie slot- it is currently in my 56 Mint Set (#4), no pics at the moment, but it is a PCGS. I have praypal..make a offer I'm way open on this one.
  • Options
    ttt 6/5

• Options
    I hereby pronounce dbemike the winner of the $90 challenge.

To some of the other offers rec'd via PM: contact me again, 'cause I might still be interested in your coins.