Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Things that "potential" buyers say that make you WANT to honk them off...

Doesn't happen to me all that often... but...

One thing that irks me is when someone says (usually with a holier-than-thou tone)

"I can but (edited to add : oops...freudian slip perhaps...I did mean to write "buy") those all day long at 20% back of bid"

...and I respond "So you obiously have no need for mine then"...image

...and yes...I am just being a wise-guy...can't help myself...I'm from Joisey...

Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image

Comments

• Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    "But Greysheet is only....."

Maybe Greysheet will sell you one for that price.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    Buyers who misinterpret seller statements in the most paranoid way, such as I have in the other thread.

[edit] image

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    will you ship oversea's
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"I can but those all day long at 20% back of bid" >>

Sounds like something a pervert coin collector would say.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Yes, I'm interested in all of them, send me pictures and prices on all of them".....then after receiving the photos "Yes, those are nice, but I really don't have any money right now".....
    Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm from nebraska and if I were to honk someone off here, it might be different than where you honk them off. Please explain "honking off".
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Please explain "honking off". >>

It's an 'airing of grievances'. Anger.

Nothing to do with vacuum or pressure technology member processes.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image Sometimes I even make me laugh.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file