Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

attention celtics and/or basketball autograph experts: i need your help!!

i have the opportunity to purchase five single-signed basketballs, signed by the following former boston celtics/nba hall of famers: tom heinsohn, bill sharman, john havlicek, kevin mchale and robert parish. theyre all on spalding official nba indoor-outdoor balls (the havlicek is actually on a nice vintage mid-80's ball and the other four are on more recent versions), and while only the heinsohn is authenticated (by tri-star), i know the others are legit because they come from a very reputable source.

that being said, what is a good price to pay for all five balls????? is the psa autograph price guide a good barometer for estimating a value?? and are autographed basketballs worth more if the autograph is on an official nba game ball?? (as opposed to say, an indoor-outdoor ball which would be the next best thing)--thanks in advance for any help! (i think i see a reply from vitoco1972 in my future!!)

Comments

• Options
  • Options

<< <i>i have the opportunity to purchase five single-signed basketballs, signed by the following former boston celtics/nba hall of famers: tom heinsohn, bill sharman, john havlicek, kevin mchale and robert parish. theyre all on spalding official nba indoor-outdoor balls (the havlicek is actually on a nice vintage mid-80's ball and the other four are on more recent versions), and while only the heinsohn is authenticated (by tri-star), i know the others are legit because they come from a very reputable source.

that being said, what is a good price to pay for all five balls????? is the psa autograph price guide a good barometer for estimating a value?? and are autographed basketballs worth more if the autograph is on an official nba game ball?? (as opposed to say, an indoor-outdoor ball which would be the next best thing)--thanks in advance for any help! (i think i see a reply from vitoco1972 in my future!!) >>

• Options
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Yes, definitely worth more on an official NBA game ball. The prices from those guys should vary a bit. Parish will be the cheapest. I would go on eBay and see what's available and pay no more than 70% of that. Heinsohn and Sharman are extremely easy signers that can be had for free in the mail. Hondo is a good signer but only at shows - no TTM. McHale is actually a pretty tough autograph in general. He rarely does shows and doesn't even have a certified auto card that's been mass produced and have never signed TTM. I would actually be interested in the McHale ball if a trade were possible. Can't afford cash though. Good luck.
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭
    I would guess the 5 would sell in the $200 - $300 range. At $200 you'd be getting quite a bargain, at $300 you may make the seller very happy, at $250 you should both feel good.

I remember in the early 90s having Kev sign a dozen at a time for me, always easy sales.
  • Options

<< <i>Yes, definitely worth more on an official NBA game ball. The prices from those guys should vary a bit. Parish will be the cheapest. I would go on eBay and see what's available and pay no more than 70% of that. Heinsohn and Sharman are extremely easy signers that can be had for free in the mail. Hondo is a good signer but only at shows - no TTM. McHale is actually a pretty tough autograph in general. He rarely does shows and doesn't even have a certified auto card that's been mass produced and have never signed TTM. I would actually be interested in the McHale ball if a trade were possible. Can't afford cash though. Good luck. >>

McHale has a Donruss sticker auto now, Donruss, also made a dual with Bird, and a triple, with both Bird and Parish
    Looking for in PSA graded
    1. 75-76 Topps Keith/Jamaal Wilkes in Psa 8+
    2. 1971-72 Trio stickers PSA 8+
    3. BSKB 1977-78 topps psa 10

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Action Packed HOF Autos(need elvin hayes,both bill bradley,and the 1st bill walton)
    2001 and 2005 Greats of the Game
    UD=retro,epic,legends,legendary,generations and chronology
    2006 Topps Style 1952 Fan Favorites Autos #/10 (Refractor Autos)
    Press Pass Legends