Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

ANACS-No Red Designation On Some 2009 Lincolns?

I have an ANACS 2009-D Lincoln on Ebay. It's an MS67, but lacks the RD designation. Shouldn't the slab have the RD designation on it? A fellow Ebayer pointed out that my title and description were wrong. I listed the coin as MS67RD, but the slab only shows MS67. So, I corrected my listing to be accurate. Why didn't ANACS designate some slabs as red, while others are? Here's my Ebay question and answer.

Question & Answer Answered On May-31-09

Q: Your auction title and description says this coin is graded MS67RD. The picture clearly says a different story. The picture says this coin is graded MS67. I just thought you should know before you get in some kind of trouble. If you do have a MS67RD somewhere, please let me know. Good luck.

A: Hi, Thanks for your question. I can't explain why ANACS did not designate this coin as red. The coin is an obvious red and I doubt that any brown or red-brown could even exist yet. However, I did change my auction title and description to MS67, eliminating the RD designation. I researched the 2009 ANACS slabs on Ebay and a couple auction sites. It appears they have produced two different slabs. One is a First Day Of Issue slab and does not show the RD designation. Their second slab is an Inaugural Edition and does show the RD designation. Why? I do not know. However, I will attempt to find an answer in two ways. I will call ANACS and I will post this question on the PCGS Forum. The collectors on this Forum are very knowledgeable and helpful. Your keen eye is appreciated and I shall update you with any feedback I obtain. Michael T. Claus Ebayer-RegistryNut

RegistryNut image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file