Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What were they thinking......

BST Transactions;
Seller- thebigeng; morgansforever; bolivarshagnasty
Buyer-nibanny; derryb; zubie; smittys; konsole; tootawl; socalbigmark; fullcameo; coinkid855

Comments

• Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's a horror - a mild shame, possibly - but are you honestly going to lament something done 150-200 years ago? Kinda cool, really.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those could be professionally repaired and placed afterward into PCGS Genuine holders and sold at what I think would be a decent profit, if one was so inclined.

peacockcoins

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool.

It's only a "horror" like some of my beloved holey coins are. Yes, it's easy to lament what happened to those, but it was done a long, long time ago, so if you're gonna figure 'em as damaged goods, better that than some awful scratch or something.

Those are really neat.

Remember, for much of the 19th century, they were just... coins. Pocket change to somebody. We've got an extra century or two of hindsight.

I think the coins were probably old enough to be viewed as minor curiosities when the pinbacks were mounted, but not worth huge premiums like they are today, of course.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file