Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Storm...Question for You? New Pack Policy

Good day,
Storm I am confused here on FeeBays new Wax Pack policy. In reading your answers in my original thread and the other one I took away the information that E-Bay did not have the time or personnel to look at individual listings and probably just removed everything that fell in to some sort of Key word or phrase. Ok so why when I look up Wax Packs unopened I see thousands still listed with lots of the usual Scammers like Creekpoint as an example still selling their bogus wares. I see several Auctions still going selling the same items that were removed of mine, using the same verbage ect. Everything doesn't jibe.

So if you don't use the verbage of Unopened is it Ok, Or just say Pack, and don't use Wax?

Thanks
Neil
Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Good day,
    Storm I am confused here on FeeBays new Wax Pack policy. In reading your answers in my original thread and the other one I took away the information that E-Bay did not have the time or personnel to look at individual listings and probably just removed everything that fell in to some sort of Key word or phrase. Ok so why when I look up Wax Packs unopened I see thousands still listed with lots of the usual Scammers like Creekpoint as an example still selling their bogus wares. I see several Auctions still going selling the same items that were removed of mine, using the same verbage ect. Everything doesn't jibe.

So if you don't use the verbage of Unopened is it Ok, Or just say Pack, and don't use Wax?

Thanks
    Neil >>

////////////////////////////////////////////

We are all going to know a lot more next week.

The policy change should be posted in a day or two.

I would expect, but have NO inside info, that there will
    be some tweeking to the changes before they are final.

There are currently 33K+ packs listed, in all listing formats.
    I do NOT know how that stacks up with "normal" numbers.

If the policy sticks tomorrow, many of those should be poofed.

As for EBAY's ability to enforce the rules on individual listings,
    I think history has shown us that they simply cannot do it.

Under routine conditions, prohibited listings that are not narcd
    by competitors/trolls often survive.

If I were you, I would NOT relist any of the poofed items - or
    like items - until we get more clarity on what the final scheme
    is going to look like.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.