Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1970-79 Baseball 1,000--eBay Spam w/Mayo 30min!!

1970's baseball enthusiasts, this auction might interest you: Link

Comments

• Options
    Is it OK for me to bid?
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1970 to 1974 is 5 years, not 4.
  • Options
    MintacularMintacular Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is it OK for me to bid? >>

Sure. I've always felt personal conflicts should not under any circumstances be allowed to spill over and wreck somebody's business, and I would hope all board members operate under those same guidelines.

As much as I disagree with you on many levels, I do not believe you are the type of person that would subvert me through an eBay purchase...Good luck.
  • Options
    40 min left. $86.99 14 bids 23 watchers.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    I will give you props, your auction was informative and well done.

Are you happy with the hammer price?

Aren't you taking the proceeds from these auctions and going to try to get into the baseball card business as a full time job?
  • Options
    Thanks MB Miller. Thought I could get $100+ on this one but I think my shipping cost was $5 too high and I should've thrown in a few more high $ stars. I don't know about "proceeds" from these auctions more than an indication of whether or not I can make a profit. If I get evidence that I can sell more than a buy, and I find the volume to do it, yes, I am serious about rolling thei dice and entering the industry full time.

That said, any semi-sharp guy can pick up 5K worth of cards in a year and find a way to resell them for 10K. That's a $5K salary, not sure you can live on that. However, if you can buy 50K a year and resell it for 100K then that's a different situation. That's what I'm trying to find out now.

The other consideration is that especially in this business, trust and return customers is huge. The first two years you may be lucky to break even but in the long term you can make that $ back once you establish yourself.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Get a job.

Steve
    Good for you.