Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Does 2 cancelled bids a day apart by same guy = block bidder?

I'm thinking so. Looks like he's trying to find the high bid

2nd time his bid was higher than the first and used "entered wrong amount" both times for the reason

Comments

• Yankees001Yankees001 Posts: 1,496
    I wouldn't. He is still raising the current high bid of the auction.

I wouldn't worry about it. Money is Money.

Dave
  • I used to do the same thing looking for the high bid so I could snipe the auction later.
  • PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    Hi Mike,

As much as you would like to, I agree with the others to NOT block the guy.

I've had some big hitters do this already and they eventually spent some big bucks!

Besides, blocking buyers doesn't accomplish anything since it's pretty easy to use another account to bid/buy if they want the item.

Sometimes, as a seller, you just have to step back and play out each scenario to look for the positives before reacting.

JMHO,

PoppaJ
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭

"Besides, blocking buyers doesn't accomplish anything since it's pretty easy to use another account to bid/buy if they want the item".

We have seen people get kicked off ebay for doing such things.

With that said I wouldn't block the bidder in this case. Only because you did not say

that you have had problems with him in the past. Had you then yes I'd cancel his bids and block him.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    OK I won't but he hasn't raised the bid or even left a bid on for more than a couple minutes that I can see.

I just don't think it looks good for the high bidder at the time to have himself outbid and then becomes high bidder again a couple minutes later.

Bid $86 the first time when current bid was $30 something and then bid $92 when current bid was $42. After both cancellations, the earlier high bidder became the high bidder again and he's done it to 2 different people

• WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Yeah I can see where that would bother me as a seller.

I won a few auctions that way and because I backed into more wins then I anticipated could not

pay the seller right away. He was understanding at least.

Steve

Good for you.