Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Auto experts please

Which of these look real and which look fake? Any of these worth sending to PSA?

Joe Dimaggio

Mickey Mantle

Sandy Koufax

Sandy Koufax

Mike Schmidt

Johnny Bench

Comments

• Options
    They all should pass PSA or JSA with no problems. Not sure just how far ahead you can come out after authentication fees, if you plan to sell them. The Dimaggio and Bench sigs are pretty faded, and the Mantle piece is pretty beat up. Right there is about $200 in just authentication fees for those 3. I guess that's something you might have to research before you decide what to do.
  • Options
    I actually agree with STM. The Koufax's look especially good to me.
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    They all match ones that I have as well.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    There is a group submissing going on at FreedomCardBoard to JSA...right now it looks like the vintage stars will be about 30% off in the group sub...modern stars are all $15, which includes slabbing for cards.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options

<< <i>They all should pass PSA or JSA with no problems. Not sure just how far ahead you can come out after authentication fees, if you plan to sell them. The Dimaggio and Bench sigs are pretty faded, and the Mantle piece is pretty beat up. Right there is about $200 in just authentication fees for those 3. I guess that's something you might have to research before you decide what to do. >>

I was pretty sure these are authenic because the Dimmagio and Koufax were personalized to the guy i bought them from. Just needed comfirmation from some experts. As for authenication fees go, i didn't know it would cost $200 for just 3, so I'm leaning towards just selling them as they are. Most of these are pretty beat up except the Schmidt so i got them for pretty cheap.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭
    very cool autographs regardless of the conditions

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    onebamafanonebamafan Posts: 1,318 ✭✭
    Send them all, and hope for the best. Good Luck!
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    You won't make back grading fees if you are going to grade these for sale...
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You won't make back grading fees if you are going to grade these for sale... >>

That's a shame, too.

I am very familiar with Mantle's auto. Your looks very good. Mantle was amazingly consistent with his signature. The Schmidt and Dimaggio look good too. I am not familiar with Koufax as much.

Shane

• Options
    my grandpa has the same sweater as joe d
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    Anyone else find it odd that the Bench auto is on a Crosley Field scorecard from 1963 when he was only 16 years old???
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone else find it odd that the Bench auto is on a Crosley Field scorecard from 1963 when he was only 16 years old??? >>

no....as he probably signed it 15 plus years after that
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone else find it odd that the Bench auto is on a Crosley Field scorecard from 1963 when he was only 16 years old??? >>

Hmmm...Did anybody say that the signature was from 1963? His name wasn't in the 1963 line up by the way
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Hmmm...Did anybody say that the signature was from 1963? His name wasn't in the 1963 line up by the way >>

I just found it odd that someone would have him sign a program that he really had no connection to..besides being on the Reds of course. But other than the team he had no connection whatsoever to the program. I never said the auto was bad... I just found it odd he was signing something from 5 years before his debut.
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!