Home Sports Talk
Options

Stanley Cup Finals Pittsburgh vs. Detroit any thoughts...

baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
Detroit in 6

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

Comments

• Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    I'd like to see the Pens win. I am just hoping for a great series!
  • Options
    I would like just to watch the Stanley Cup Finals have some thunderstorms rolling through our area, and the local news/weather idiots have took over and just announcing a play by play weather report!!!!!!!!!!!!!imageimageimage
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    Go Wings!!! Even without Datsyuk, they still rolled. Good first game for them image
  • Options
    Pittsburgh is a very good team but Detroit is a damn machine out there!

Detroit will win series in 5 games

Mark
    --------------------------------------------
    NFL HOF RC SET
  • Options
    the wings did look good and at some points i thought the same thing it was like watching a machine play the game.
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

• Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭✭
    How does it work when a team tries to repeat as Stanley Cup champions? Do the Red Wings for example, still have to return the Cup before the finals or playoffs or do they still get to keep it until the Finals are over?
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    I might have some thoughts on the series...What sport are you talking about? Rugby, water polo, soccer??? image

• Options

<< <i>I might have some thoughts on the series...What sport are you talking about? Rugby, water polo, soccer??? image >>

its sort of rugby with ice skates.

Fred

• Options
    2-0 going into tonight big game for the pens.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!
    Fred

• Options
    How can anybody not enjoy watching playoff Hockey!

The action is fast paced, hard hitting, constant scoring chances, tv timeouts seem few and far between, refs for the most part let the teams play, almost every player on the ice has injury's at this point in the playoffs but never show it, never leave your seat or you'll miss something.

I can't understand being a sports fan and at the same time not like playoff Hockey.

Mark
    NFL HOF RC SET
  • Options

<< <i>How can anybody not enjoy watching playoff Hockey!

The action is fast paced, hard hitting, constant scoring chances, tv timeouts seem few and far between, refs for the most part let the teams play, almost every player on the ice has injury's at this point in the playoffs but never show it, never leave your seat or you'll miss something.

I can't understand being a sports fan and at the same time not like playoff Hockey. >>

Couldn't have said it better myself. Here's hoping the Pens show up and make it a series!
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    I can actually remember a time when I never hated the Red Wings. But we live and learn.

This is some great hockey we're seeing with the new rules. Way more exciting.

Even a great game can be boring without the right commentators.
  • Options
    VALIONVALION Posts: 17 ✭✭

<< <i>I'd like to see the Pens win. I am just hoping for a great series! >>

Detroit is loaded with talent and will be tough to be beat, but would like to see a Game 7.
  • Options
    another good game last night Pitt played well. i love playoff hockey.

GO WINGS!!!
    Fred

• Options
    I live in Minnesota, and couldnt care less about hockey. That said, go Detroit? I hate Pittsburgh, period!
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    Major sport

The Finals

And it's on a channel called "Versus"? Are you kidding me?
    I have cable, live in Michigan, and don't have this rinky-dink channel!

Got home during the 2nd period, was quite certain it'd be on NBC, ran to the TV, and some stupid a$$ reality show is on.
    Next year give the Stanley Cup to a network that cares!!

• Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    Please put the NHL on a channel I do not get. Perhaps we could put the NHL, WNBA, and soccer on one channel-then blast it into outer space.
  • Options
    What the hell's wrong with people that don't like Hockey?

There's something terribly wrong with them???
  • Options

<< <i>What the hell's wrong with people that don't like Hockey?

There's something terribly wrong with them??? >>

No biggie. I live in Michigan and love hockey. Great teams to follow in the pro's and college. But I cannot stand baseball, even with the Tigers playing well again. Some live and die by that game, but baseball is a total snoozefest for me. I prefer action and not waiting 2 minutes between pitches... But in the end, to each, his own. GO WINGS!!!
  • Options
    RickMilauskasRickMilauskas Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭
    GO PENS!!!

Looks like "the machine" is getting old.
  • Options
    benderbroethbenderbroeth Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    this really has been a great playoffs i have enjoyed all the games i have seen. with that being said go pitt!!!
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    Pittsburgh is finally playing smash mouth agressive crash the net Hockey! which is the only way to play against and beat Detroit in my opinion. Now lets see if they can play that same style the rest of the way through.
    Being a Dallas Stars fan myself I far from like seeing Detroit win anything, but they are FOR SURE a team that has earned respect! That "old" team is a very deep, very experienced team that will plan and adjust to Pittsburgh's new aggressive style of play.

May the best team win!
    Great series so far!!

C'mon October
    GO STARS!!!

Mark
    NFL HOF RC SET
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it became a series again last night instead of a Detroit "formality" -- great for the league and the fans of hockey outside of Detroit.
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    Pittsburgh has better legs, but Detroit plays better positionally and has better skills with the puck. Truthfully it will likely come down to goal tending. Osgood is pretty much the same as always, neither great or brutal. The Pens goalie has had some amazing gaffes over his short career in big games, I'm thinking he blows it in game 7.
  • Options
    Hurts for Detroit not having Datsyuk. Hopefully he plays tonight, but I have heard nothing yet on the issue. Having your best point getter out is tough. He's struggled a little to score in the playoffs, but is always a superb defended and a tempo setter. Detroit looked terrible the last game. Their passing was horrible and they failed to dump the puck in way too often, resulting in many odd man rushes for Pitt. If they don't rebound with a solid effort tonight, Pitt will see their team hoist the cup at home in game 6.
  • Options
    Datsyuck will be playing.
    my t-205's

• Options

<< <i>Datsyuck will be playing. >>

Datsucks, I hope he's not effective. image
  • Options
    your funny..but i hope you are right. det 1-0 so far
    my t-205's

• Options
    well on to the next game me thinks...lol so far red wings 5-0 wow not a close game at all.
    my t-205's

• Options
    he's been effective and the pens are showing their age.
    Fred

• Options

<< <i>he's been effective and the pens are showing their age. >>

yeah i must agree they are acting like kids.
    my t-205's

• Options
    they are very talented but have looked cheap at times in this series. that may be because their young but the bad penalties aren't helping so maybe they should try something else.
    Fred

• Options
    Someone make it go away. image
  • Options
    In key games, Detroit manages to keep their composure even when the other teams comtinue to take cheap shots. I'm not saying Detroit doesn't take some either. I'm saying the refs will look past it for a while as each team does it for a while, but when it starts to get really chippy the Detroit players back off and the other teams continue to do it and take bad penalties. Malkin has a world of talent, but his lack of maturity showed way too often last night. Detroit followed their worst game of the series with what was potentially their most dominating of the playoffs. Good sign for them. Now it's up to Pitt to see if they can do the same on Tuesday.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    terrible scheduling by the NHL - another confirmation that Bettman is an idiot...why make it a 3-day break between games 5 and 6 only to have it go up against Game 3 of the NBA Finals? And some wonder why hockey is no longer considered a major sport.
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭
    At least tonight's (as well as a possible Game 7) will be on NBC and not the Better Homes and Hunting Channel.
  • Options
    You aint kiddin'!

And jeez Pittsburgh, another whiteout?
  • Options
    We'll have a game 7 for the Cup!! Hopefully the Pens will show up in Detroit!
  • Options
    Here's to a competitive game 7.
  • Options

<< <i>friggin great game!

rd >>

i do not think i could have said it any better!
    my t-205's

• Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭
    With regard to Game 7, IT'S GONNA BE A BIG ONE!

(To quote Reggie Dunlop.)
  • Options
    it should be a barnburner at the JOE

GO WINGS!!!
    Fred

• Options

I'm so pumped, it almost feels like fear???
  • Options
    I was watching the Red Sox/Phillies and almost forgot all about Game 7!!! I'll have to flip channels back and forth all night!
  • Options
    First NHL game Ive watched all year. Even I thought, isnt that ICING? A few minutes after the goal they replay it and show that it was CLEARLY icing.

Now the big question is, am I spelling Icing correct lol.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    Karma just took Crosbys knee out...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    Now that was a nice shot...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    2-0 Pens after 2 periods....nice push by the Wings to end the period.
    3rd period should be crazy!!