Single 2009 P Nickel on Ebay!!!

10% goes to Veterans of Foreign Wars

2009 P Nickel on Ebay

Comments

• Options
    MisterBungleMisterBungle Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭

Tisk tisk tisk, Sir Spamalot!!

~

"America suffers today from too much pluribus and not enough unum.".....Arthur Schlesinger Jr.

• Options
    RobbRobb Posts: 2,034
    Continuation from the "See the picture, guess the member game" thread?

#11 image
    imageRIP
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    I swear, people get dumber as time goes by. image
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Should be on BST, if it's even here at all. Personally I'd prefer to have the eBay stuff not in BST at all.
  • Options
    rodzmrodzm Posts: 675
    Sorry can one of the mods move this thread to were it is appropriate.
  • Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    You probably would've been safer if you had just mentioned it as "an auction" rather than "my auction."
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that you are giving to the VFW hope you make a bunch of money for them. And since I saw where and who you are maybe a Liverworst would be more appropiate than Spam.
    BTW hope you find some full steps in the roll.
  • Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Crazy. This is interesting to me even though I don't do Ebay, a real first hand account of the price of what the coins are selling for right now. I'm sure they will just be another coin in a year but right now there seems to be money to be made.
  • Options
    Lighten up people...the world wont end... and there sure the f$%# is more important things than flaming someone for being happy about the suckers on e-bay...
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if you provide me with a couple for my albums, I will let it slide. image
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    Edited because we all spam at one point in time. image
  • Options
    And to add,

Not meant towards the OP here,

I remember last week or so alot of people BASHING the PennyLady for posting some amazing coins here, and mentions she might be talked into selling one or two of them.

I forget how many pages people bashed her for nothing. This is out right spam and personally I think Charmy got the short end of the stick.

Unfair, Uncool, and just not right IMHO.

• Options
    LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭
    Wow! those are going for that? I'm going to go look in my coin jar!
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This spam is a lot tastier than C-rations. How about those delicious MREs ? I suppose cat holes are easier to dig in the sand than reading some of the comments , eh ?
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    I don't think of this as spam since nobody here would likely bid on the auction. We bashed the dime and he is putting himself forward for a little good natured bashing. Lighten up. --Jerry
  • Options

<< <i>Im sorry for being so blunt here,

But I would specifically NOT buy from you now in the future.

Play by the rules that EVERYONE else here follows and alls good. >>

Geez, I have my auctions in my sig line. Feel free to not buy from me too. -Jerry
  • Options
    A sigline link isnt spam. I choose to click on it. This though is spam. And Im not bashing the OP, I just dont deal with SPAM.

Id gladly click a sigline link if the person seems to have something I may want.

Also, just because no one here would bid on it, doesnt mean its not spam.
  • Options
    YaHaYaHa Posts: 4,220
    I sell you 3 rolls of 2007's for $25.. Pm me..image
  • Options

<< <i>Sorry can one of the mods move this thread to were it is appropriate. >>

You can move it yourself. No help is required.image
    Positive:
    BST Transactions: DonnyJf, MrOrganic, Justanothercoinaddict, Fivecents, Slq, Jdimmick,
    Robb, Tee135, Ibzman350, Mercfan, Outhaul, Erickso1, Cugamongacoins, Indiananationals, Wayne Herndon

Negative BST Transactions:
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    What do you expect?

Broadcast to those that actually buy coins and your bound to get bidders.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>

You can move it yourself. No help is required.image >>

Can you show us all how to move a thread without a mod?
  • Options

<< <i>This spam is a lot tastier than C-rations. How about those delicious MREs ? I suppose cat holes are easier to dig in the sand than reading some of the comments , eh ? >>

I still hate MRE's. Try eating those for a month straight like i did in Iraq and you'll be screaming for some Mylanta in no time.

Wow you know after joining this forum I expected to find a bunch of good people, but after reading many other posts and threads people absolutely enjoy flaming others for their mistakes in placing a thread. I should know better, I co-admin a forum myself and yes I shouldve placed this in the right place. My fault and full apologies for giving you an eyesore and wasting everyones time with my thread. I still cant figure out how to move this thread myself since its not the message board system I am so used to.

Some people here obviously have some growing up to do, some of you need to find something better to do than bash someone. Enough said on my part.
  • Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I still hate MRE's. >>

We used to sell 'em for 6 bucks a pop back in the mid-80s at a surplus store. Couldn't keep 'em on the shelves.
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeez, the guy has served our country for nearly a decaude and gets this kind of treatment? How about a "thank you" and moving on if you have nothing positive to say. Just my 2 cents..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    frnklnlvrfrnklnlvr Posts: 2,750

<< <i>Jeez, the guy has served our country for nearly a decaude and gets this kind of treatment? How about a "thank you" and moving on if you have nothing positive to say. Just my 2 cents.. >>

I agree. At least 10% of the auction is going towards a good cause.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Jeez, the guy has served our country for nearly a decaude and gets this kind of treatment? How about a "thank you" and moving on if you have nothing positive to say. Just my 2 cents.. >>

I agree. It least 10% of the auction is going towards a good cause. >>

And you know what even if it wouldve sold for 5 cents I still have to donate a minimum amount. It doesnt bother me because its going to help those veterans who are homeless or need help with anything. The best way I look at it is that by doing that I am essentially helping myself because when i make that transition to civilian life I know that Ill need their help transitioning. Not financially but more on help to a successful transition, because i tell you what VA can be a pain in the butt.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many people here need to get a life.... nothing better to do then nitpick the flypoop out of the pepper. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭

<< <i>Many people here need to get a life.... nothing better to do then nitpick the flypoop out of the pepper. Cheers, RickO >>

Well said....... If you don't have nothing nice to say.......
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    Thanks for serving our country! I don't have a problem with you posting a 2009 nickel, but it's sad that bidders are this desperate to own a coin that has been minted in the millions, and will be available for face value in the near future. However, this might a person who will send it to PC GS and be the first to sell a PC GS graded 2009 Jefferson on Eba and have a chance at getting top pop.

Plus, 10% is going to a great cause, and might be another reason for the higher bids. It makes me want to bid.

Best Regard on your Tour Of Duty!
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for serving our country! I don't have a problem with you posting a 2009 nickel, but it's sad that bidders are this desperate to own a coin that has been minted in the millions, and will be available for face value in the near future. However, this might a person who will send it to PC GS and be the first to sell a PC GS graded 2009 Jefferson on Eba and have a chance at getting top pop.

Plus, 10% is going to a great cause, and might be another reason for the higher bids. It makes me want to bid.

Best Regard on your Tour Of Duty! >>

Thanks much for your support. I dont understand the high bids myself but part of it may be due to percentage is going to a good cause. I think the reason for the high bids too is that people like to be the first in anything, Ive seen some crazy auctions go for lots of money (grilled cheese comes to mind) so it doesnt amaze.

39 watchers, 11 bids and 533 views...you gotta love it. I even bid on the first dime auction just to be part of Ebay history, if I wouldve won I wouldve gladly paid for it even though I knew I had some coming my way. Some things you just do for fun, this is IMO is one of those fun auctions to watch.

• Options
    Rodzm,

I am sorry if I came off as bashing you. Thats not how I meant my posts to come across. My frustration wasnt really aimed at you as much as the people that jumped on Charmys back last week. I personally want to say thank you for your very dedicated service to our nation. Thank you.
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free market capitalism, I would do the same. I have received one 09 cent
    in my change this year. No other 09 denomination, crazy.
    Good luck with the auction,
    Scott
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

<< <i>Rodzm,

I am sorry if I came off as bashing you. Thats not how I meant my posts to come across. My frustration wasnt really aimed at you as much as the people that jumped on Charmys back last week. I personally want to say thank you for your very dedicated service to our nation. Thank you. >>

No problem...apology accepted. I think Ive come to realize that taking a post a bit too serious can have serious ill effects on your health. Life's too short...place a nickel on Ebay or a dime for that matter
  • Options
    Like I said before, it was never spam in the first place. Lot of damage control going on at this point...

--Jerry
  • Options

<< <i>Free market capitalism, I would do the same. I have received one 09 cent
    in my change this year. No other 09 denomination, crazy.
    Good luck with the auction,
    Scott >>

Thanks and did you know people in Ebay Germany are paying 2 Euros per Puerto Rico quarter??? That equals out to 80 Euros per roll or $113 per roll. Gotta love it....

Wink, wink at coasterfan and the few others. Place the quarters I sent on Ebay Germany...you'll make a killing!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Like I said before, it was never spam in the first place. Lot of damage control going on at this point...

--Jerry >>

First Post: "Sorry guys I couldnt help it but do a shameless plug on my auction."

Smells like spam to me.

Send Otis ( sportsmoderator1 ) a PM asking that he move your thread to the BST. Posting a request in the active thread does nothing.

If you wanted to move the thread, then edit your original post including the title, then delete the text of your original post, delete all your references to the auction within the post, then open a new thread on the BST forum.

Most folks here do not take exception to someone inadvertantly posting spam or what could be conceived as SPAM (i.e. a direct reference/link to your own ACTIVE Auction image ) on the US Coin forum. They are quick to point it out to the op though.

They DO take exception to a poster who sits and does nothing with regard to a thread that has been tagged as SPAM (see above) especially when the post occurs on the weekend where moderation is light.

For future reference, if anybody, ever posts a link to one of their ACTIVE auctions, regardless of subject matter, then it should be considered SPAM.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Oh yeah, most of the folks that post here are good folks. They just take exception to being told "Its not a duck" when in fact it is a duck!

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    Well said Lee. Entertaining thread though. image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    Lee,
    It may sound like spam but I contend that interest in such a thread here is more shock and awe and nobody wants to bid on such an auction. I say the "shameless plug" was done with tongue firmly in cheek. The title was an exact spoof of the dime thread--humor some may not have noticed.

I often post pictures of coins I have for sale in threads where they contribute. I don't mention they are for sale and knowing how few modern buyers there are here I don't consider it spam at all.

After all, since just about all my modern coins are for sale, it would be hard for me to ever post a photo otherwise.

My store link is in my sig line and the few guys here who might be interested know where to find it. And I have NEVER gotten a PM saying "hey is that ___________ you posted for sale", thus confirming my position.

--Jerry
  • Options
    Thanks Mr. Lee for providing such valuable information on how to address the SPAM issue.

All circuits are busy at this time, please check your number and dial again.

This basically means, I am too busy at this time to worry about deleting all my posts. I already made my public apology and requested for the thread to be moved since it was considered SPAM.

Believe me moderators do see everything and are constantly on the prowl to fix misplaced thread. Posting a public request and apology to top it off does do something. Im new here and I dont have a magic ball to know who is or who is not a moderator, otherwise I wouldve done it long time ago. If you do have a magic ball send one my way so that I may have lots of fortunes in the future.

But...thanks for letting me know who the moderator is so that I may contact him promptly.

P.S. Thanks Jerry...at least someone has a sense of humor.

EDIT: Mod has been contacted may this thread rest in peace in the depths of BST
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

You can move it yourself. No help is required.image >>

Can you show us all how to move a thread without a mod? >>

Easy just delete the original thread and start a new one on the bst. Doesnt take a brain doctor to fiqure it out.
    Positive:
    BST Transactions: DonnyJf, MrOrganic, Justanothercoinaddict, Fivecents, Slq, Jdimmick,
    Robb, Tee135, Ibzman350, Mercfan, Outhaul, Erickso1, Cugamongacoins, Indiananationals, Wayne Herndon

Negative BST Transactions:
  • Options

<< <i>
    Easy just delete the original thread and start a new one on the bst. Doesnt take a brain doctor to fiqure it out. >>

Youre a little late to the party to be pointing that out but thanks anyways
  • Options
    Jupiter,
    You can't delete a thread. Try it. --Jerry
  • Options
    Hello everyone just a quick update. This auction is obviously insane and the bid has shot up from $51 to the current bid of $66.99 with:

77 Watchers
    12 Bids

Due to such great support from everyone I have decided to increase the proceeds to VFW from 10% to 15%. Thanks for those that have supported it
  • Options
    coasterfancoasterfan Posts: 1,302
    Wow, it's up to $70. Unbelievable, and it's still got over five days to go.

It's truly amazing that no other 2009 nickels have shown up on the Bay.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    Yeah this is insane and I didnt expect it to be such a hot auction. Michael from MintNewsBlog has offered to do an article once I sent him pictures. It would be cool if CoinWorld pics up the story and does an article on it. I do have a funny feeling that one will show up before the auction closes but who knows since they are so hard to find at this time.
  • Options
    Just a picture