Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

eBay - rojik1

What happen??? 0 items for listing. He always sells about 1500 to 2000 PSA cards.

LINK

Comments

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Isn't that Roger's seller ID?
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options

Huh again??????? Prettysure he was up yesterday...
  • Options
    bighurt2000bighurt2000 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭
    His feedback looks fine if something happened to him his feedback would be all over the place.
    Maybe he got feed up with Ebay or is on vacation.

James
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    He put some stuff on the BST board yesterday.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    I don't know for sure, but I think Roger is moving his center of operations to a private website, and getting away from Ebay. The larger story, though (IMO), is that we're seeing a sharp reduction in the number of low-dollar PSA graded cards available on Ebay from big sellers. 4SC2 has reduced their Ebay inventory by something like 11,000 cards in the past couple of months, PSASETGUY has done the same, and a few of the others (4-star-sports-graded, allprosports, etc) have either given up almost completely or scaled way, way back.

I think we're getting close to the end of the $8-$11 PSA 10. A seller can not make any money at that price point, so if that's all the market will bear then the market is going to dissolve. The future of the modern card PSA registry, which has in large part been built and sustained by bulk sellers, could look very different than it does now in the next 9-12 months.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I think we're getting close to the end of the $8-$11 PSA 10. A seller can not make any money at that price point, so if that's all the market will bear then the market is going to dissolve. The future of the modern card PSA registry, which has in large part been built and sustained by bulk sellers, could look very different than it does now in the next 9-12 months.

The advice I've always given to player collectors is to pay strong (but not ridiculous) prices for their cards and the submitters will continue to slab their player's cards. The collectors with the mentality that their Puckett's or Murphy's or whoever will eventually all be available at $9.99 is faulty logic. Say 4sc is getting 50% PSA 10s (which is the most they could reasonably expect), exactly how much money do you think they're making on $10 card sales? Why would they continue to keep submitting cards that will sell for either $10 or go unsold? Now if you're paying $15 per 10 for your guy, you will get a steady flow for your registry because it's worth it for the bulk submitters to keep sending them in.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>I think we're getting close to the end of the $8-$11 PSA 10. A seller can not make any money at that price point, so if that's all the market will bear then the market is going to dissolve. The future of the modern card PSA registry, which has in large part been built and sustained by bulk sellers, could look very different than it does now in the next 9-12 months.

The advice I've always given to player collectors is to pay strong (but not ridiculous) prices for their cards and the submitters will continue to slab their player's cards. The collectors with the mentality that their Puckett's or Murphy's or whoever will eventually all be available at $9.99 is faulty logic. Say 4sc is getting 50% PSA 10s (which is the most they could reasonably expect), exactly how much money do you think they're making on $10 card sales? Why would they continue to keep submitting cards that will sell for either $10 or go unsold? Now if you're paying $15 per 10 for your guy, you will get a steady flow for your registry because it's worth it for the bulk submitters to keep sending them in. >>

Agreed- $15 is basically the magic number. If you have to find the card and go through the hassle of submitting it, listing it, etc., AND then take the risk that it won't sell, there's no point in getting involved at a $10 price point. 4SC2 has something like 7,000 PSA cards in their store right now that are priced at $4 each. Even if they're getting their stuff slabbed at $3.50 or $4 a card, that's still around $25K in grading fees that will likely take years to recoup. I'm not looking to get rich selling cards, but even I won't screw around with cards that I know won't sell for $15. I have literally stacks of Goodens, Molitors, Gary Carters, Gwynns, Pucketts, Younts, Mattinglys, Clemens' and so on that are all currently lower than pop 3 in PSA 10 that I just have sitting in 800 ct boxes, because I'm not going to bother submitting them if a $10 is the best case scenario.

You can't grade cards and 'hope' they sell at $10 per. The math doesn't work out. At $15 you can squeak by, but that's as low as the avg. price can go before guys find something more productive to do with their time than sell graded cards. I don't begrudge anyone for putting their set together for the lowest dollar cost possible, but anyone who thinks that they're going to have access to a limitless supply of PSA 10's at $10 each for the next 5 years is kidding themselves.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let the registry player collectors - gather product, throw 9s and lower into the trash, and submit to PSA (receiving mostly 9s because they have no idea what to look for) themselves for a while, and then see if they wont pay $15+ for PSA 10s.

If they still wont pay a little more than $10 for PSA 10s after all that work (and it is work), it will only be because they have convinced themselves that a PSA 9 set looks really nice too.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I blame player collectors for the downfall of the hobby
  • Options
    RogermnjRogermnj Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    I hired a few people and revamped my ebay store.

Instead of 1500-2000 i will probably have 4000 items and tried to update pricing since a lot of my stuff was out of date and all over the place.

I am trying to price some things extremely aggressive and move most of my stuff. We will see if it was worth the effort.

I will probably be listing 100-200 cards a day over the next couple weeks with plenty of no reserve auctions.

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I hired a few people and revamped my ebay store.

How much are you paying? I might be interested.
  • Options

<< <i>I hired a few people and revamped my ebay store.

How much are you paying? I might be interested. >>

Roger pays all his employees in wax stained 88 topps football cards Lee image

Good luck with everything Roger, your one of the best guys in the hobby to deal with and you certainly deserve success!

• Options
    I have done my part on the BST forum to help reduce his inventory.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    As a player collector, I have absolutely NO problem paying $15 for a PSA 10, so I certainly hope you guys continue to submit the sharp Paul Oneill's of the world. I would hate to see my suppliers stop submitting these type cards.

P.S. Both Roger (Rojik1) and Guy (Boopotts) are great guys to work with.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Right now, lots of '90s and early '00s (and even some from the '70s [discs] and '80s) PSA 10s of HOFers and likely HOFers from 4SC are getting no bids at $3 in auctions, and then ending up in his store at $4 each.
    IMO right now the player collector graded market just isn't there - and with 1000 to 3000 cards available of many of these players, it's not all that surprising. Between the space and the money involved, few people will try for Master Sets or even Basic & Collector Issues sets.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    JMO, but for 90's and newer I can't see paying for graded cards unless it's your favorite player and you really gotta have that 10 . All the cards are basically mint with centering being the one differentiator. There are thousands of cards out there and boxes waiting to be submitted so there's no way they can appreciate much. To collect a recent set in all slabs seems crazy with the cost and storage space involved when you could build a mint raw set, put it in a binder, and enjoy it like that.

"Molon Labe"

• Options

<< <i>To collect a recent set in all slabs seems crazy with the cost and storage space involved when you could build a mint raw set, put it in a binder, and enjoy it like that. >>

My 1983 Donruss PSA 10 set is the exception. It rocks!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>To collect a recent set in all slabs seems crazy with the cost and storage space involved when you could build a mint raw set, put it in a binder, and enjoy it like that. >>

My 1983 Donruss PSA 10 set is the exception. It rocks! >>

Nobody cares about your stupid cards
  • Options
    I almost forgot.....................nerd
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    My 1983 Donruss PSA 10 set is the exception. It rocks!

Bill, we already know you're crazy!

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    Is this Roger?

rojik3?
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>Is this Roger? rojik3? >>

If I remember correctly, ... Roger is located in Holmdel, New Jersey?

rd
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭

<< <i>rojik3? >>

Bill, Yes that's a newer idea for Roger that he is using in a joint venture with another really good board member to move some of their stuff. At least that's the explanation I got from Roger.
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to thank Roger for what he is doing. Great prices on some football stuff, for guys that like to build mint sets from the 80s like me, it helps a lot. Bought 7 great PSA 9 cards from him tonight for under $50 shipped on his eBay store.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies