Home Sports Talk
Options

Just back from Citi Field...

grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
Great stadium, with lots of attractions, a little too heavy on the Jackie Robinson theme for a New York Mets home stadium, IMO, but the place is beautiful. Sat 20 rows from the field just past third base--great seats, extra inning game on a beautiful night, and a Mets win in the bottom of the 11th--what more can I ask for! Viva Santos!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

Comments

• Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Did you take any pictures?
  • Options
    Did you take any pictures?

No, didn't bring a camera with me...it's hard holding a beer and hitting the shutter, LOL...

I'll be back again a few more times this year and will bring the camera then..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard on the news that some guy at Citi Field during the game, "streaked" across the field and the only thing he had on was some paint on his back which said "Jerry Grote is the Greatest"...but it probably wasn't you. image

Glad ya had a good time...but the Mets better not win every time you go!
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Sounds like you had a good time and saw a great game!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Glad you had a good time. Hoping to get there for a game this year.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Thanks, fellas! Had a great time there, though I must admit I miss old Shea just a bit, if only because of all the memories I shared there.

SteveK, believe it or not, there wasn't a single GROTE 15 jersey in the souvenir shop (though there were 1/2 price Ryan Howard jerseys). image

I'm writing a letter of protest to Fred Wilpon as we speak..