Home Metal Detecting
Options

early 1800,s cemetery.............better now?

2 golf balls ,4 old shoe buckles and 78 linc mems. sad for 2 hrs of hunting an old place with 2 civil war graves.all the names seem to be scofield.gonna hit some old parks after the rain passes.been 4 days up here in conn.

Comments

• Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    good luck to you! i think i will go out today also to a local park since
    the rain has stopped.

• Options
    lathmachlathmach Posts: 4,720
    I never had much luck hunting old cemeteries.
    Seems maybe they did take it with em.
    By the way, there's no "a" in cemetery.

Ray
  • Options
    carscars Posts: 1,904
    There are also spaces & capitol letters after a period image.

I assume you just found the golf balls. I would think it would be illegal to md on cemeteries.
    Its all relative
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255

<< <i>There are also spaces & capitol letters after a period image.

I assume you just found the golf balls. I would think it would be illegal to md on cemeteries. >>

Might not be but everything else is against the law somehow. Used to be a guy could just do his thing an nobody would bother him. All these laws start in a single persons mind, so it could be traced back to that person, then clobber him.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    It is a class B felony to interfere with any cemetery.The gravesites are private property paid for by the deceased or relatives.If moral reasons are not enough to keep a person from metal detecting within a cemetery i doubt the legal reasons will either.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I would certainly think we all have enough common sense not to swing a coil over a grave and dig...number one, immoral comes to mind in some way, but personal beliefs aside, a plot is private property.

However, that being said, I'd think nothing of detecting outside of the fence line of a cemetery, especially in a parking lot area of some sort. The only time I can think of when this would be a plausible situation is if one was detecting a churchyard with burial plots on site. Old churches can be amazing dig sites (with permission of course) and *sometimes* that means you'll be detecting within feet of a cemetery. This situation and actually digging within cemetery plots are two different cases entirely.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    Haven't we been through this discussion before?