Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Mid-year roosie update -- gossip time

Hello roosie people!!

My trip to Orlando over Memorial Day weekend prompted this string...I -- like you -- am sure tired of reading about LAME Lincoln proofs in this forum...so, let's do some roosie gossip.

First, Vito's is as good as usual. We all need to meet Wednesday night during FUN for another great meal. I'm sure Nick will serve as Master of Ceremonies, he's the perfect roosie host!

Second, Lablover's set be lookin good...soon he's going to experience the dreaded "I can't find a coin to upgrade my set."

Third, Kryptonite is pretty active on the TCCS forum. Seems like he can still find nice 56-58 mint sets.

Fourth, modern/clad roosie guys seem silent?? What's up with the clad crowd??

Fifth, I don't see anyone making many high grade silver roosies...are we tapped out, or are the grading services bashing roosies now?

Sixth, lots of AT stuff on ebay including roosies -- be VERY suspicious.

Hope to see a few of you at July FUN. Oh, what's the latest on a new point scale for roosie registry coins????

imageimage
"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
rainbowroosie April 1, 2003

Comments

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I -- like you -- am sure tired of reading about LAME Lincoln proofs in this forum...so, let's do some roosie gossip. >>

Man, I tell ya I sick of them too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<< <i>First, Vito's is as good as usual. We all need to meet Wednesday night during FUN for another great meal. I'm sure Nick will serve as Master of Ceremonies, he's the perfect roosie host! >>

Nick bought Wanda and I dinner there when we went to the FUN in January, and it was the best Damn dinner I ever had! The wine was stupid good!

<< <i>Lablover's set be lookin good...soon he's going to experience the dreaded "I can't find a coin to upgrade my set." >>

It was great to meet him at FUN. He is such a great Guy...just like Nick!

<< <i>modern/clad roosie guys seem silent?? What's up with the clad crowd?? >>

I sold my set to Close to Perfect and its just about that now with Danny's upgrades. It was a great ride for me, and now the parties over....On to OGH FBL Frankies!

<< <i>Oh, what's the latest on a new point scale for roosie registry coins???? >>

image Didn't know it was in the works!?!?

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had $100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.00 I still wouldn't buy a Matte Proof Lincoln PENNY!

Thats right P.E.N.N.Y.

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    I would rather have a "penny" than a:

Edited to add: image

One could only imagine if Stooge started collecting MPL's:

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    look i spotted sum roosie collectors on way to their clubhouseimage
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know too many people wont care here, but in my humble opinion, the latest Roosevelt gossip is coming from NGC. They recently revised the scoring system in the registry and shuffled the rankings around as a result. Alot of people arent too happy with the revisions and rightly so. Good for me is they also revised the scoring with the clad series and it bumped my point total up nicely!

And yes, the grading services are being very tough on grading at this time. The bands better be as strong as railroad tracks if you want the FB/FT designation when you send them in! Modern stuff is very difficult right now which is why you arent hearing too much info from the clad collectors. The last several years have been hard to find well struck coins with bands and high grade in the same coin.
  • Options
    EarlycoinEarlycoin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Jeezus! Who's the guy in the bush? image
    Earlycoin

My E-Bay Stuff
  • Options

<< <i>Jeezus! Who's the guy in the bush? image >>

That seems to be a loaded question.

If we are talking about the picture above,
    That would be a person looking for a penny.

BILL
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    Bill, always good hearing from you! And your post is good for a chuckle or two.....
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My trip to Orlando over Memorial Day weekend prompted this string... >>

What, you were in town and didn't call?

We could have had dinner at Vito's, a bottle of expensive wine and sent the bill to Nick.image

<< <i>Second, Lablover's set be lookin good...soon he's going to experience the dreaded "I can't find a coin to upgrade my set." >>

Soon has already arrived...it's getting tougher now that the low hanging fruit has been picked.

See you in July at Summer FUN...
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    I wish I could get to the show in Julyimage
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow!!!
    Great a Roosie thread. Sorry I've been busy and haven't been by for a while. Before I was
    a Roosie guy I was a Lincoln guy....Yes, I like MPL's. I had to get that out of the way, sorry
    guys. I still have a complete set on Lincolns in my Dansco.

There's a whole lot of Roosie stuff going on across the street. Not much over here. Roosies
    are soft right now. I did see that the PCGS 1954S MS67FB on TT finally sold. I have been having
    a lot of fun searching out varieties. Has anyone checked out my Number 1 variety set. I almost
    have it to 80% complete. I'll be at the January FUN show. You can find me at Vito's right next
    to Rainbowroosie and Lablover and anyone else willing to listen to Roosie talk all night.

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    awww

i fess too...i'm a lincoln guy holding one roosie as trophy in my collection in my 1964 sms ms67image

but i'd trade it for 10 mattysimage
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    Here is the stuff from across the street if anyone wanted to read it too.

NGC Roosevelt Post/Scoring Update
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Talk about economic hard times ---- the server at Vito's said revenue was down 20% --- she attributed it to Nick not visiting since January!!!!!image

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello guys and gals of the Roosey club. Not a member but am working on a 1968 to 1998 mint set that has some holes in it. I am looking for the following dates. And thought I would give you a chance to get rid of some the under grades that seem to accumulate.
    I would be willing and able to pay the price with the star for these delivered to speed the completion of my little set. Any of the others we need to talk about.

Date Grade POP PCGS Price
    1969 MS65 23 $20.00*
    1969 MS64FB ? $45.00 None in Pop report?

1979-D MS66 42 $25.00*
    1979-D MS67 57 $70.00

1980-D MS66 59 $35.00* I got this one from a board member. Thanks!!!

1982-P MS64FB 12 $15.00*
    1982-P MS65FB 26 $75.00
    1982-P MS66FB 39 $100.00
    1982-P MS66 62 $45.00

1982-D MS64FB 7 $15.00*
    1982-D MS65FB 10 $50.00
    1982-D MS66 45 $25.00
    1982-D MS67 28 $110.00

1983-P MS66 48 $40.00*

1990-P MS66 41 $20.00
    1990-P MS67 39 $35.00*

And just to add to the gossip I got lucky and made 1995-D in MS68 a hammered strike but still no bands. Been making some of my own lately is why I buy the bargain ones for now.

Please PM me with what you have available and thanks for help.