Home Sports Talk
Options

My roommate's a Mets fan.....

Just found out who my roommate is this morning. The kids from Rochester,NY and is apparently a Nets and Mets fan...... image

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd trade him for a roommate to be named later.
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Is it too late to ask for a different roomie?
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    It could be far worse. Just be thankful it's not a bandwagon Phillies fan that has not clue about anything. You already have one of those here, you don't need one in real life making it worse.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I echo what Matt says above.

By the way, I probably missed it, but what school are you going to attend?
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    Thanks for all the support guys image

<< <i>

By the way, I probably missed it, but what school are you going to attend? >>

The University of South Florida (it's what the gold U with bull horns logo is in my sig). It's in Tampa, but most of you probably know it as the school that made it up to #2 in the BCS a few years ago before free-falling. In case you didn't realize, we did the same thing last year image One of these years we'll get it right!!!

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Very cool. Best of luck to you!

I will give you my quick first college roommate story. I grew up in Los Angeles and thought I was pretty worldly. However, I had never been big into, and never did get into, drugs. Drank a lot of beer but no drugs. My first semester at Sonoma State my roommate was from Mendocino county. That's prime pot growing country in northern California. I was city kid who was into rap music. My roommate was heavy metal guy, long hair, and big drug dealer. Mostly just pot but we had people coming by our dorm room at all hours to buy from him. One time he had a pound of Mendoncino green buds hanging in his closest. If I remember correctly, back in '86, that was worth about $5,000. At the time in life a ton of money. He would wake about 10:00 or 11:00, smoke pot in bed, occasionally go to class, and otherwise just sit around smoking pot all day and night. I also remember he drove a sweet GTO... which he later totalled. We parted ways after one semester and he AND HIS NEW ROOMMATE got busted the second semester for selling drugs. You just never know who you might meet in college!

Have fun! It's a pretty cool four, or more, years of life so enjoy it! Get good grades but have fun!
  • Options
    Maybe it is Grote's son?
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭
    hey buddy, at least your roommate is a sports fan. could be worse... could be playing world of warcraft all day ha ha.
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496

<< <i>hey buddy, at least your roommate is a sports fan. could be worse... could be playing world of warcraft all day ha ha.
    John >>

Maybe he's bothimage
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    AND his team is in FIRST place! lol
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it is Grote's son?

According to SreveK, that would be my great grandson, LOL!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grote15 as a kid collected Old Judge cards when the cards were first issued.
  • Options

<< <i>Just found out who my roommate is this morning. The kids from Rochester,NY and is apparently a Nets and Mets fan...... image >>

I'm sure he is a very classy guy. He probably will remind you to not say bad things about his team, and then go ahead
    and make fun of your team when they lose. Lots of class those Mets fans have. They are the best in baseball.