Home U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• Linkage

I think this might be the one Steph mentioned in my What Microscope Do You Use? thread.

Edit again: BigC Website
  • al410al410 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭
    TTT
  • BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,960 ✭✭✭
    Yes, I have one. It is made by Dino-Lite. More info available at www.BigC.com. If you do a search on this forum for Dino-Lite you will find that we went through a phase where many forum members bought these.

it works pretty well but is only good for close ups and not easy to get a full coin pic.
  • tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes, I have one. It is made by Dino-Lite. More info available at www.BigC.com. If you do a search on this forum for Dino-Lite you will find that we went through a phase where many forum members bought these.

it works pretty well but is only good for close ups and not easy to get a full coin pic. >>

..........you're right, ben. is there something similar that WILL get the whole pic?

steve
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>..........you're right, ben. is there something similar that WILL get the whole pic? >>

I'd love to know this, too. I like using coin microscopes for closeups and checking for varieties. It would be nice if they could make one that wasn't ridiculously expensive that could image an entire coin.
  • BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,960 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, it all comes down to optics and their limitations, Mark would better explain this than I.

I have seen some forum members post usable full coin pics using the dino-lite but no where near as nice as a good digital camera.
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    The digital microscopes do a decent job for looking at fine details/die varieties and taking snapshots of such. There is only so much you can do for that price with tiny optics and a tiny detector. A digital camera is a much better idea for whole coin pics.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file