Home Stamps Forum
Options

Premium on Jumbo Airmails

ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭
Hi, How much of a premium in value is there on jumbo margins for the Airmail stamps C1-C18? Is this series more difficult or less difficult for jumbo margins than other stamp series? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Less difficult in my opinion on C1 to C6, and then the flat plat issues generally can run all over the place with margin size, depending of course on the spacing between the designs on the plate. The rotary press issues are much tougher(i.e. C16 C17). Your question is kind of broad, C1-C18 ranges over more than a few years (1918-1933) and several different issues and printings. Also the CENTERING whether jumbo or not affects the value.
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info. I am looking to start a set of Airmails C1-C18 and like the asthetics of jumbo margins. So I am wondering if I should pursue a 95J set or not worry about jumbo and go for 98s when available. See, I like the asthetics of jumbo and not sure I want to climb to 98 prices. But then one day when I am done with my set, will the "market" care more about having 98s versus 95 Jumbos. I am here to collect and enjoy stamps, but I also want to make sure I am making a sound commitment/investment at the same time.
  • Options
    coverscovers Posts: 624
    message deleted
    Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com
  • Options
    Yes but there can be a fine line between a 95J and a 98. Also many "J" stamps are actually scarcer than the 98's (especially rotary press issues, check the PSE POP)