Home Sports Talk
Options

The Cavs just may end up watching the finals instead of playing in it

lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
If it wasn't for the miracle shot from Lebron, they would be looking up from the bottom of a 3-0 hole.

Comments

• Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

Orlando vs. Denver

Still! It doesn't sound too NBAish? image

The whole Country will be sad (except here in Florida, Colorado and oh yea, add Philly and Boston to the "happy list"! I'd add New York to the list, but New Yorkers don't watch basketball that much any more!) image

rd

P.S. The big boys in TV, ESPN, etc. are all "rooting" for that "LeBron vs. Kobe" match-up. Those guys will be the sadest of them all!
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Nike must have forgotten about their failed Dan vs Dan promotion.

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it in the future....
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    Anything but a Cavs-Lakers matchup would be a marketing disaster for the NBA.

The hype has been building all season long and if it doesn't happen David Stern will put on the brave
    face and say all the things expected but watch the body language. image

Game four of course is crucial for the Cavs.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Anything but a Cavs-Lakers matchup would be a marketing disaster for the NBA. >>

? Why would the Cavs-Lakers be a marketing disaster? I would think either Orlando or the Cavs versus the Lakers would be ok for the ratings....Now if its the Nuggets versus the Cavs or the Magic, that's probably another story as far as ratings. Personally I think all 4 teams would provide a great showing in the finals.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Media ratings are important for the financial health of the sport and there would no doubt be a large viewership of the finals if the Lakers and Cavs play each other.

However, from a purely basketball standpoint, I think that the two conference finals being played now are both excellent. Four strong teams who are very evenly matched. Regardless of who wins and goes on to the finals, the finals will probably be enjoyable to watch.

Kobe v. Lebron

Superman v. Kobe

LeBron v. Melo

Melo v. Superman

Any of the above finals matchups would be good.
  • Options

<< <i>Media ratings are important for the financial health of the sport and there would no doubt be a large viewership of the finals if the Lakers and Cavs play each other.

However, from a purely basketball standpoint, I think that the two conference finals being played now are both excellent. Four strong teams who are very evenly matched. Regardless of who wins and goes on to the finals, the finals will probably be enjoyable to watch.

Kobe v. Lebron

Superman v. Kobe

LeBron v. Melo

Melo v. Superman

Any of the above finals matchups would be good. >>

• Options
    Kobe v. Lebron

Superman v. Kobe

LeBron v. Melo

Melo v. Superman

Any of the above finals matchups would be good. >>

From a marketing standpoint the only good matchup is Kobe v. Lebron because for the finals they need to bring in the
    casual viewer who have most likely has heard of Kobe v. Lebron but the others would just be ????? in their minds.

Its all about ratings and money.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    And if it wasn't for an Orlando hot streak in the last 2 minutes of Game 1, it would be 2-1 Cavs.

This series has a long way to go, and Orlando had better hope they end it in 6. If it goes 7, they'll be facing a road crowd, Lebron, and David Stern. image
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Labron continues this 1 on 5 game he has gone to the Majic will chew the Cavs up! It's like their (cavs) whole game plan has changed. LaBron can not beat the Majic by himself.

On the other side I like the Nuggets, but "never" count LA out!

And this would all be moot if #5 in beantown hadn't got hurt. It would just be another Boston repeat!
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    if they lose game 4 I think you can stick a fork in them.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    I disagree. With the Master of Panic at the helm for Orlando, a 3-1 series deficit may be exactly what the Cavs want. That's when the Master of Panic will start doin' work.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    Not looking good for Cav fan. I don't think they have shown what it takes in this series to come back from 3-1
  • Options
    Stick a fork in'um!!

As a side note. That "T" on Howard was a freakin J O K E !!!!

I'm not a Majic fan, BUT they are the better "team"!
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Great game. Superman is awesome! Turnover James couldn't find the kryptonite again.

The Magic just may be the team to beat this year.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options

<< <i>

As a side note. That "T" on Howard was a freakin J O K E !!!! >>

Totally agree. That was crap
  • Options
    benderbroethbenderbroeth Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    i did not find this thread until after i made my own..i want a MAIG NUGGETS finals cause i can't stand the lakers..
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    lbcoach20lbcoach20 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭
    Magic just aren't missing the three like many thought they would. A horrible matchup problem with the perimeter 3 and Superman for the Cavs. Although it isn't officially over yet.......it is close.
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Game 5 has the Cavs up 32-10 with about 2 minutes left in the 1st quarter. Score at half time 56-55 at the half. What a game!! I don't normally get into basketball this much (I'd rather play) but this playoff season has seen some incredible games.

• Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, the Cavs stave off elimination in Game 5. I guess we should've known they weren't going to give up that easily. Frankly I'm surprised after the Cavs swept the first two rounds, the Magic are all of a sudden forcing them to go the distance.
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    The Cavs just don't match up well with the Majic. Even with LaBron the Cavs will lose the series to the Majic.

It will be interesting to see hoe the Lakers match up against the Majic. Should be a good series.

The Cavs sweep the first two series because..................look who they were playing!?!
  • Options
    It's Kobe vs. Superman in the finals. Not Lebron, but still a pretty good matchup!
  • Options

<< <i>It's Kobe vs. Superman in the finals. Not Lebron, but still a pretty good matchup! >>

I hope Orlando wins. I can't stand LA
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    and if the Lakers win 4-0 no one is happy and if the Magic win in 5 no one is happy. This sucks.

JS
  • Options
    I'll take the Lakers in 6, but the way the Magic is playing they will certainly be tough!
  • Options
    benderbroethbenderbroeth Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    go magic!!!
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>It's Kobe vs. Superman in the finals. Not Lebron, but still a pretty good matchup! >>

I hope Orlando wins. I can't stand LA >>

Shuddup!!!!!

Brian
  • Options

<< <i>The Cavs just don't match up well with the Majic. Even with LaBron the Cavs will lose the series to the Majic.
    >>

I know Lebron is either the best player in the NBA or the second best player in the NBA right now and will probably retire as one of the best ever.......But he needs to play in an actual offensive system that forces him to play with his other 4 teamates.....Yes he can go one on one against anyone and make insane shots every time he shoots but that's not going to win him championships. I had to laugh every time I would see him dribbling the ball very slow at the end of the key while he was deciding if he was going to go for a layup, a dunk and a killer fadeaway jumper. Sorry Lebron and Cavs fans, that's not getting them a ring again and they had the best record in the NBA this year.

Sincerely,
    Brian