Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Hall of Fame - Rickey Henderson - which card should go in with him?

so we know rickey is entering the hall now. prolly not a question/argument from most (tho i would argue that jim rice would stir a healthy debate). in any case, if cooperstown were asking for ONE CARD to go into the hall with rickey- say below his bust - which card should it be?

most might argue it should be his RC. in his case, since he played early enough were topps was really the only company in the game at the time, it prolly wont be much of a debate here. its also a tough card to get in high grade due to condition sensitivity of the 80 topps issue - esp in psa 9 and 10 shape (esp 10).

what do others think? maybe we keep condition outside? or maybe not? would that make it more interesting? what other cards of his would be worth debating as far as "getting into the hall" with him? i'll leave it at that and see where this goes.

Comments

• Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    The 1982 Topps card. It is from his most defining season and it shows him about to do what he did best.... stealing second base.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    the 80 topps is his first and is the best card of the set. its a popular set. i'm going with that one
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either of these:

imageimage

Steve
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this '94 UD Collector's Choice...

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    cadets68cadets68 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The 1982 Topps card. It is from his most defining season and it shows him about to do what he did best.... stealing second base. >>

After those four National League games, Gorman Thomas was never the same, and neither were the Brewers, and come to think of it neither was I.

Josh Wilker - Cardboard Gods
  • Options
    cadets68cadets68 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The 1982 Topps card. It is from his most defining season and it shows him about to do what he did best.... stealing second base. >>

double post
    After those four National League games, Gorman Thomas was never the same, and neither were the Brewers, and come to think of it neither was I.

Josh Wilker - Cardboard Gods
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

1992 Topps Stadium Club...

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    1980 Topps

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    80 Topps, but only because if you didn't (and if players went in with a card of course) you would have every bc collector wonder why they didn't choose it.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    1982 Topps is boss.

Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickey says Rickey don't care, as long as Rickey goes in the hall first.
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    I have to vote for 82 Topps also. The 1980 Topps RC is a close second.
  • Options
    PlanemonkeyPlanemonkey Posts: 543 ✭✭
    I vote 1982 topps, I remember wanting that card so bad in 1987