Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

If you're in to lowball Morgans, well I'm selling my #1 Morgan set

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

Comments

• Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Bummer to see you selling this, it was fun watching you add "upgrades" every so often.

Good luck image
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    Why?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Well, many reasons.

1) I'm just getting burned out on it
    2) PCGS wouldn't Pedigree it
    3) Want to pay off some bills

I know all the crappy Morgans will find good homes!!!

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why wouldn't PCGS pedigree it?

And aren't a lot of these worth less than the grading fee?
  • Options
    PCGS won't pedigree low ball sets
  • Options
    HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>PCGS won't pedigree low ball sets >>

PCGS should not discriminate your set just because it is "lowball" to have it pedigreed. You are 100% complete and in the top five, plus you have the #1 set on top of it all.

I am calling BS on this one image

• Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>PCGS won't pedigree low ball sets >>

PCGS should not discriminate your set just because it is "lowball" to have it pedigreed. You are 100% complete and in the top five, plus you have the #1 set on top of it all.

I am calling BS on this one image >>

Nope, I even sent a letter to the powers that be at PCGS, the rules state, no modern or lowball sets (even though there is a modern set pedigreed).

• Options
    That's a bit frustrating.

If it weren't for a convention and the usual having to save money that we're all doing right now, I'd be tempted to ask about offers on a few key dates. Your 1893s or 1889cc might actually be almost affordable if offered in line with the PCGS price guide. I'm afraid I'm going to have to hold off on it, though.
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • Options
    This is my first post, so I apologize in advance if I offend Marty or any others.

While I do the occasional ebay buy on coins, I don't like having to bid against folks who might run the price up because they are drunk, mad, etc.

I tend to the BIN/make offer offerings. I'm mostly a Morgan collector, so this caught my eye.

• Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    I wish you luck with your sales

I have been watching the 1883-cc that is now over $200 - wow
  • Options

<< <i>This is my first post, so I apologize in advance if I offend Marty or any others.

While I do the occasional ebay buy on coins, I don't like having to bid against folks who might run the price up because they are drunk, mad, etc.

I tend to the BIN/make offer offerings. I'm mostly a Morgan collector, so this caught my eye. >>

I don't understand this post at all.

• Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>This is my first post, so I apologize in advance if I offend Marty or any others.

I tend to the BIN/make offer offerings. I'm mostly a Morgan collector, so this caught my eye. >>

I don't understand this post at all. >>

I think I can translate as "I like BIN auctions"
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    I like auctions like wal-mart wre you see final price and decide if you want it

$340 for the 83-cc is great - I need to submit mine
  • Options
    I have to admit it was a fun and a very hard set to put together. It is not easy to find a no problem coin in PO01. I can see some big movements in the low ball registry next week.

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that selling off a lowball set would be an lot tougher on you than selling off a MS set. You have looked for and chased down alot more of your coins than most collectors. I have always enjoyed looking at you set and hate to see in gone.image
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    i don't know about your silver dollahs as those sms lincolns draw my eyes there mad-one

amazing that 1965 didn't make cameo especially in the grade they gave it too...i think your chicken woulda laid an egg seeing you make an 1965 sms ms67cam lincoln...ya think

everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see