Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

keith olbermann talks cards with jimmy fallon on nbc's "late night" last night

dont know if any of u guys caught this last night (or if any of u even watch the show), but keith olbermann was a guest on "late night with jimmy fallon" (nbc, 12:35 am weekdays); the majority of the conversation focused on cards, as fallon says he used to collect and as we all know, olbermann is a big collector; sorry that the link isnt clickable, so just copy and paste it into your browser or simply go to nbc.com and u should be good to go (olbermann was the first guest)--its actually kind of an amusing conversation.

http://www.nbc.com/late-night-with-jimmy-fallon/video/episodes/?vid=1110421#vid=1110421

Comments

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    That's some great television. Ratings for that episode must've been through the roof.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    man, the first 5 minutes of this show sucks
  • Options

man, the first 5 minutes of this show sucks

So do the last 55 minutes.
  • Options
    BobbyVCPBobbyVCP Posts: 755
    Very cool
  • Options
    Olbermann is the biggest jack ass on TV. It's to bad the hobby has someone like him in it. JMHO.

Matt
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Olbermann is the biggest jack ass on TV. It's to bad the hobby has someone like him in it. JMHO.

Matt >>

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

He is a TOP notch EBAYer and a GREAT buyer to deal with.

Other than that, I no longer have anything good to say about him.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Olbermann is the biggest jack ass on TV. It's to bad the hobby has someone like him in it. JMHO.

Matt >>

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

He is a TOP notch EBAYer and a GREAT buyer to deal with.

Other than that, I no longer have anything good to say about him. >>

From the standpoint of selling cards, this is the only thing that matters to me. The guy pays well and pays fast. Personally, I find some of the viewpoints of certain Fox commentators to be asinine, but wouldn't hesitate for a minute to deal with them provided they paid their bills.

Whether or not you agree with Olbermann's points of view, one thing we do have in common is a love of card collecting.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The political viewpoints of a collector matter little to me...we're talking about card collecting here, not politics..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Grote has once again shown himself as a very wise man.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Keith said Billy used to call people FF. Hmm. Never heard that before.

His mention of 9 versions is closer than the guides.

Cool. Thanks for sharing.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    yeah donovan, i immediately thought of u (or at least your avatar!) when they started talking about the FF card--glad u enjoyed it!!
  • Options
    I did. After dinner I'll probally listen to that part 5 more times. image
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭

<< <i>The political viewpoints of a collector matter little to me...we're talking about card collecting here, not politics.. >>

I agree. I find it funny that anyone would think otherwise. Sort of like, how big a college they attended, what they ate last friday? Has nothing to do with cards.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭
    That show should be off the air by Memorial Day-
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    I can't stand the guy either but regardless we need to stop the political debate before "Big Brother" swoops down and snatches everyone up.
  • Options

<< <i>The political viewpoints of a collector matter little to me...we're talking about card collecting here, not politics.. >>

Couldn't agree more. Well said.

• Options
    Who care's what he is, as long as he buys your/my cards and pays for them. Have sold to him numerous times. image
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    i am not a big fan of olberman, but i have a dirty secret to admit about one of his co-workers.

i have a huge man crush on rachel maddow, i think he is dreamy. i would love to hang out with him and talk sports, women and cars. he is a real man's man.
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭

Well said. I think high profile indiviuals are good for the hobby (No matter what their poltical views). I have seen him on other talk shows where he spoke quite a bit about sports cards. Its the only guy I can say I actually check to see what he buys on ebay.

Edit to add I had the talking baseball cards they were terrible to listen to, no idea where they ended up
  • Options
    MintacularMintacular Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    Could someone PM olbermann's ebay ID? Would find it very curious to see if he every bought any of my stuff. I don't want to enter into the political debate but I think he and Dan Patrick were a great sports combo on sportscenter during the 90's. Thanks.
  • Options

<< <i>Could someone PM olbermann's ebay ID? Would find it very curious to see if he every bought any of my stuff. I don't want to enter into the political debate but I think he and Dan Patrick were a great sports combo on sportscenter during the 90's. Thanks. >>

I will shortly if can find it.
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i am not a big fan of olberman, but i have a dirty secret to admit about one of his co-workers.

i have a huge man crush on rachel maddow, i think he is dreamy. i would love to hang out with him and talk sports, women and cars. he is a real man's man. >>

image That is really funny!
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭

<< <i>Could someone PM olbermann's ebay ID? Would find it very curious to see if he every bought any of my stuff. I don't want to enter into the political debate but I think he and Dan Patrick were a great sports combo on sportscenter during the 90's. Thanks. >>

Hint: Its has something to do with the last time the cubs won the World Series.......
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I like Keith Olbermann.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    Rush Limbaugh is working on a 1933 Goudey set..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    What does Keith collect?
  • Options
    I, for one, demand that all famous people have all of the same opinions as me in order for me to like them. I would also prefer my favorite athletes to not cheat on their wives or go to strip clubs.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i have a huge man crush on rachel maddow, i think he is dreamy. i would love to hang out with him and talk sports, women and cars. he is a real man's man. >>

: standing ovation :
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    There's a hole in my head where the rain comes in.
  • Options
    I, for one, demand that all famous people have all of the same opinions as me in order for me to like them.

This would be SO cool.
    There's a hole in my head where the rain comes in.
  • Options

<< <i>I, for one, demand that all famous people have all of the same opinions as me in order for me to like them. I would also prefer my favorite athletes to not cheat on their wives or go to strip clubs. >>

LOL.

• Options
    Did anybody save this video clip ? I can't view video from work, but have been told it's no longer viewable. I wanted to add it to br.com
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    Still don't like him
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    donovan: the video was only available until last monday the 15th; the only reason i know this is because i told my dad to make sure he watched it a few days before because i noticed it said "available until june 15"; i guess nbc only has so much room on their website so they only make em available for about three weeks (or 24 days in this case); try contacting nbc and see if maybe they can put it back on there (i tend to doubt it but its worth a try).
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

That trash would be best left in the hand of Rube. It would like looking into the future .
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That show should be off the air by Memorial Day- >>

Which year?

He has Springsteen on tonight. Who is the guest on your show?
This discussion has been closed.