Home Testing Forum
Options

savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭

Ronnie, here's a Mex type un Centavo ca. 1890's for visual comparison

pardon the poor shadows due to the coin's concave nature but i think you can still make out the "VO" of CENTAVO just to the right of the deepest centered stamp; also from the 6:00 to 7:00 position the wreath's flora is present

the reverse confirmed it for me: the eagle's beak with it's captured prey the snake is present just north of the deep center impression; also at approximately 10:00 you can make out the letter "B" (from REPUBLICA) but admittedly this shows up better in hand under a loupe than it does in the photo; the eagle's wings also flank the same center stamp and even more clear is the cactus and design exurge around 7:00

**as i said before i'm still working on attributing the cinquefoils and leaf stamps

a French jeton that i found to be fairly plentiful online; one website was selling F-VF examples @ 18 euros each; i'll email you the link which also contains plenty of info (in French)

French of course.......the medallist Dupre did a large series which included Kings & Queens of England and France........the French translates to "Metallic gallery of the great men of France"......... the Series Numismatica included Washington, Newton, and others

still working with this one.......

www.brunkauctions.com