GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
simply AMAZING.

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Jordanesque
  • Options
    lbcoach20lbcoach20 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭
    Here in Cleveland he is the miracle the Cavs desperately needed. WOW!!!
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Hey Hedo........don't grin til the clock hits zero. BWAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! GIVE ME A FREAKING WITNESS!
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    BassPro77BassPro77 Posts: 1,152
    GAY,

sorry. not much into basketball any more, but i say OVER RATED!!!!

if i took 67 shots a game, i'd score 40+ points a game to.

my opinion any ways.
    Bill
    looking for PELLE LINDBERGH's psa and 1960 fleer baseball psa 8 and up
    sets in progress
    R.I.P. Barstow 24 April 1999 - May 15 2009
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    nevermind
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GAY,

my opinion any ways.

Obviously, you have no idea about the game of basketball so why even post such nonsense?

Unbelievable shot..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    BassPro77BassPro77 Posts: 1,152

<< <i> GAY,

my opinion any ways.

Obviously, you have no idea about the game of basketball so why even post such nonsense?

Unbelievable shot.. >>

i'm guessing it was a luck shot which makes him look great....
    Bill
    looking for PELLE LINDBERGH's psa and 1960 fleer baseball psa 8 and up
    sets in progress
    R.I.P. Barstow 24 April 1999 - May 15 2009
  • Options
    tallimage
  • Options
    DamageIncDamageInc Posts: 150 ✭✭
    Not a lucky shot, especially when you take into consideration all of the buzzer beater half court shots he made this year. Mo and Delonte have got to get hot to win this series.
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I think Lebron is pretty good. I know, I know, I'm probably being overly enthusiastic, but I can't help myself.
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    hey BassPro,

Why dont you try sticking to "sports" that you know. Like sitting in a boat all day, drinking beer and holding a long metal pole.

• Options
    RobbRobb Posts: 2,034
    Lebron made an amazing shot. Amazing.

But...

What would impress me more is for him to be the leader and get in the face of his teammates about repeatedly blowing leads and putting him in that position to begin with. That would be AMAZING.
    imageRIP
  • Options
    Didnt he TRAVEL on the possession right before that shot? How do you TRAVEL in this situation.

Of course the travel will never be talked about in the highlight films.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    "Luck is the residue of design."

- W. Branch Rickey
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>GAY,

my opinion any ways. >>

I'm not a Cavaliers fan. I grew up a Bulls fan and watching Michael Jordan. I don't mean to be rude, but you either hate the Cavaliers and LeBron James, or you don't know the game of basketball. LeBron James is the very definition of a team player. What he does on a nightly basis is truly amazing. There is no way this guy is over rated. He continues to get better each and every year. The guy is a freak of nature. He has a Karl Malone type body, with the passing ability of Magic Johnson, the leaping and clutch shooting of Michael Jordan.

My 8 year old son (a LeBron James and Cavaliers fan) and I were watching the end of the game last night. After Turkoglu hit that shot with 1 second left, I told my son that it would take a miracle for the Cavs to win. When LeBron hit that shot, you should have seen my son jumping up and down. We high fived each other. It was pretty memorable, as a dad. Like I said, I am not a Cavs fan. I just would like to see the Cavs vs the Lakers in the finals. I was rooting for them for that reason and because my son likes them.

Shane

• Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    I was at a graduation party last night and with about 3 minutes left to go in the game, all 30 people or so were crowded around the big screen. There were a few cheers from some friends that are Heat fans and don't really like the Magic, but for the most prt, the room went into shock when Lebron made that shot. There was really no way we could've defended it much better. Hedo was in his face for the most part, but you can't get too close or else you have the potential for the foul call.....it was simply greatness that willed that shot in. Hopefully I can get to a game in Orlando....
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>GAY,

my opinion any ways. >>

I'm not a Cavaliers fan. I grew up a Bulls fan and watching Michael Jordan. I don't mean to be rude, but you either hate the Cavaliers and LeBron James, or you don't know the game of basketball. LeBron James is the very definition of a team player. What he does on a nightly basis is truly amazing. There is no way this guy is over rated. He continues to get better each and every year. The guy is a freak of nature. He has a Karl Malone type body, with the passing ability of Magic Johnson, the leaping and clutch shooting of Michael Jordan.

My 8 year old son (a LeBron James and Cavaliers fan) and I were watching the end of the game last night. After Turkoglu hit that shot with 1 second left, I told my son that it would take a miracle for the Cavs to win. When LeBron hit that shot, you should have seen my son jumping up and down. We high fived each other. It was pretty memorable, as a dad. Like I said, I am not a Cavs fan. I just would like to see the Cavs vs the Lakers in the finals. I was rooting for them for that reason and because my son likes them. >>

that must have been a great experience to share with your son. He'll remember it and so will you.
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725

<< <i>My 8 year old son (a LeBron James and Cavaliers fan) and I were watching the end of the game last night. After Turkoglu hit that shot with 1 second left, I told my son that it would take a miracle for the Cavs to win. When LeBron hit that shot, you should have seen my son jumping up and down. We high fived each other. >>

That's what sports, (and life) is all about. Very cool.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i'm guessing it was a luck shot which makes him look great.... >>

Incredible. Yeah, LeBron is just "lucky." Has nothing to do with talent.

And that Jordan guy was the luckiest of all.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>My 8 year old son (a LeBron James and Cavaliers fan) and I were watching the end of the game last night. After Turkoglu hit that shot with 1 second left, I told my son that it would take a miracle for the Cavs to win. When LeBron hit that shot, you should have seen my son jumping up and down. We high fived each other. >>

That's what sports, (and life) is all about. Very cool. >>

Cute story.

All you have to do is believe!

Seriously though....................who would have thought?

• Options
    It was a great shot

And of course ESPN is treating it like the second coming of Christ
  • Options

<< <i>

And of course ESPN is treating it like the second coming of Christ >>

• Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    Shane, great story!! Watching the games with the kids is what it's all about.

On a side note though.........

I was watching the game with my 12 year old. Neither of us had a rooting interest for either team, just enjoy watching sports together.

In the first half, Mo Williams lost his cool and launched the ball at a Magic player, and somehow, all three refs missed the technical. The announcers assumed a tech was called as it was blatant unsportsmanlike conduct.

I turned to my son and said, "Somehow that non call will be a factor in this game"

I know anything that happens in the first half of an NBA game is really not that important. But I thought it was ironic, and surprised nobody is talking about it, that the Magic ended up losing by 1 point.