Home Precious Metals
Options

silvers future????

Okay,okay..what are your thoughts on the price per oz of silver @ the close of 2010???

Comments

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about the close of 2010, but by the spring of 2011 I wouild expect it to be well into the $30-$50 range. And frankly, $50+ would not surprise me in the least. Silver rising up and multiplying several times from $14/oz over the next several years seems like one of the easiest bets out there. But it was a lot easier back when it was <$7/oz.

The ultimate top may not come until the 2012-2017 time frame or later. But I would expect something over $100 oz. A doubling of the 1980 price seems simple enough. If I expect gold to triple or better from 1980, then silver doing the same would be in the $150-$175 range. Considering that the historic mined ratio and transaction $$ ratio of gold to silver on the London daily market is around 5-1 or 6-1, the fact that gold is currently priced 65X higher is way out of whack. And for good reason considering that the short derivatives on silver are on the order of 10X to 100X higher than gold. Futures and derivatives have been keeping the ratio in the 65-85 range.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭
    I believe silver will be up 10 to 20% next year.

ed. for spelling.
    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭

My thoughts are that I sure hope roadrunner is right.........

I can see silver being up at least 20% the next couple of years from current levels.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    dino2008dino2008 Posts: 341 ✭✭
    Thanks Roadrunner!! I agree with G. Wes ...I hope your right. The hoarding will continueimage