Home Sports Talk

Lakers v. Nuggets, Game One tonight. Who will win and why?

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
Also, what will be the outcome of the dispute over the booking of the Pepsi Center for 5-25-2009 (Wrestling v. NBA playoff game)?

Comments

• larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭
    Laker's in 5... and they will win game 1. Enough about the Nuggets already. I am not a Laker's fan but I am so sick of all the "experts" picking the Nuggets. I just don't see it. Of course I have been wrong before so I guess we shall see....

Also I think Wrestling will win out since it was booked first.
  • markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    I will be the winner, because I will not waste an evening watching an NBA game. At least it's not hockey. I am happy for those who enjoy it, but I will be glad when the season is over so I can appreciate the two weeks of no NBA.
  • TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    Lakers match up much better with the nuggets (no super quick point guard) then with Houston. No one wants to acknowledge that Houston was down right good against the Lakers. great coaching and Brooks was unstoppable at times.

Nuggets are much better then 6 months ago, but the lakers should win this series going away in 6 games. If Joey Crawford ref's 2-3 games, then the Lakers could take it in 5

Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭
    Tonight should be Denver's best chance to steal one in LA but I'm expecting a statement game from the Lake Show tonight.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Tonight should be Denver's best chance to steal one in LA but I'm expecting a statement game from the Lake Show tonight. >>

I agree. This will be a key game to see which team shows up. I still like Denver to win the series but if LA wins tonite it will be a huge win and the momentum LA needs to shut down the critics.
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game 2 goes to Denver.

Kobe v. Melo continues. Melo has 83 points in two games and Kobe has 82 points in two games. They are both putting on a show.

Denver has scored 209 points in two games and the Lakers have scored 208 points in two games.

With a made free throw here, one less turnover there, etc. this series could be 2-0 Lakers or 2-0 Denver.

If the teams continue playing like they have, a seven games series is in the works with the winner being decided in the last 10 seconds of game seven.

I wonder what the record for a seven game series is for closest over all point differential [the closest it could mathematically be is a one point differential; e.g. each team wins three games by one point and game seven is a one point game].
    Game 3 goes to LA.

Game 4 goes to Denver.

Series tied 2-2 going into Game 5 at Staples.

I suspect that this series is going to go seven games.

If Cleveland wins tonight in Orlando (to win Cavs will have to do more than just give the ball to LeBron) that series should also go seven games.
  • LAKERS!!
  • bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Me thinks the Lakers pulled it out in 6 with a big win last night.

Brian
    The Lakers clearly outplayed Denver in the last two games of the series. Congrats to the Lakers. Best of luck to them in the finals.
  • TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    but the lakers should win this series going away in 6 games

That Treetop guy hit it on the nose!!!
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi