Home Precious Metals
Options

Hit flea market today

Long boring story, Don't read unless you're bored lol.

Decided to hit the flea market today just for Shiggles. It was about 55 and 20 MPH wind gusts but Sunny. Ran into three Sellers with Numismatic and bullion items.

I've dealt with the First seller before. Nice older gentleman probably in his late 60's. I haven't purchased anything from him as his prices are wack and he doesn't take care of his items. He has Tons of currency (which I'm a collector) and he leaves it sitting out in the sun to bake, fade & condensate inside its plastic holders. Has a few $500 & $1000 Notes which he's been trying to sell for a few years. I made him a reasonable offer on one of the $1000's last summer but he passed. I've asked to examine a few notes in the past and he manhandled the stuff. Was even trying to sell me a Fake error note. After seeing his prices I decided to take some of my notes to try and sell him image, He glanced through them quickly, handed them back and said they were "too Nice" for him, He couldn't offer me anywhere near what they were worth.

I decided to stop by his booth today b/c I saw he had some bullion laying around and we always have friendly conversation although It seems he never remembers me for some reason. He had a shoebox full of generic Holiday rounds/bars for $17/oz, I found 3 1/2 oz pieces that I needed and purchased for same price, I was happy with that. Also had few 10 oz bars, Wanted $165, I passed. I glanced a 1 Gram gold bar in one of the cases and asked about it as I collect these. He reluctantly handed it too me and Proceeded to tell me it was 24k which is pure gold and its in a 14k bezel. I smirked and asked how much, $95 he says. I quickly handed it back. Asked if he would sell without the bezel and got a quick No. I thought about offering him $65 but from past experiences w/him I decided not to even bother. I've never seen the bar before and would like to have it so next week I'm going to take a sunshine 1 gram bar with me to see if he'll trade if I throw him some extra $. He had some silver eagles and some 1/10, 1/4 & 1/2 gold eagles and other pieces but after getting the price on the 1g I didn't bother asking.

The next guy was selling household junk and had a few old whitman albums with just a few holes filled. 1 Barber folder with 8 holes filled, few nice quarters, 2 IHC folders maybe 25 cents between the 2 $25 each, All were culls, 1 Liberty nickel album with maybe 10 coins 2 that weren't completely junk $45 Had few Wheaty folders but all junk cents. I walked away but had planned on going back after the Barbers as their were a few nice ones and price wasn't bad, Thought I could get them for $25. He was gone by the time I made my rounds. Maybe next week.

The 3rd seller had a few cases with coins and some paper. All the notes were rags, Most foreign, some $2 bills. had a lot of 90% in 2x2's but most were 50% over Melt, Few rosies @ 10x. 1 ASE, No price, Didn't bother asking.

All in all wasn't a bad day. Normally I don't find anything and this time I picked up 3 1/2 oz pieces which would have cost me at least double what I would expect to pay on eBay. Also picked up a cage for this stupid dog my daughter talked me into getting so it will quite pissing on the floor at nightimage, Few DVD's and a small gas/electric boat engine.
Its all relative

Comments

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Yawn....

imageimageimage

PS: do you collect die cast cars?
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    carscars Posts: 1,904
    I do...
    Its all relative
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I do... >>

I should have known...I've got over 1500 of them.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22