Home Precious Metals

There is plenty of scrap silver

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
A little taste of just the scrap silver jewelry I've recovered while metal detecting in the last 8 or so years:

And that's from someone who rarely gets out. There are guys who find that much a year or even a season. And toss in about $30 face silver coins, a little gold, and several hundred dollars in clad, too image
We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• carscars Posts: 1,904
    I have a load of scrap ag as well but its not really worth selling unless you have a bucket full. I need to get out and do some MD'ing. Bought a detector while ago from a forum member and haven't been able to get out yet.
    Its all relative
  • PreTurbPreTurb Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭
    Wow.. That certainly IS impressive... Looks like you spend a lot of time around churches... (?)

• WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow.. That certainly IS impressive... Looks like you spend a lot of time around churches... (?) >>

Not really. The things made of silver people are most likely to lose are (in order, I'm guessing): rings, pendants/medallions, necklaces, bracelets. Lots of people wear christian pendants, from crosses to St. Christopher pieces. You're probably more likely to lose a pendant on a necklace when the necklace breaks than to lose the necklace itself. And necklaces stretched lengthwise like a broken necklace would be are much more difficult to detect. So it looks like there are lots of religious pieces there, but really it's just that you're more likely to find them than most other silver items.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • image that looks like a pretty good haul for a part time detector man.
  • dino2008dino2008 Posts: 341 ✭✭
    way-cool, that gives me an itchimage
  • Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭

• << <i>Wow.. That certainly IS impressive... Looks like you spend a lot of time around churches... (?) >>

Robbing the donation box for the poor?

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

• garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭

<< <i>Wow.. That certainly IS impressive... Looks like you spend a lot of time around churches... (?) >>

Or around grave yards image